Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Best hose management for lighter masks? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Best hose management for lighter masks? (/Thread-Best-hose-management-for-lighter-masks)

Pages: 1 2 3

Best hose management for lighter masks? - MrZennie - 07-23-2018

I'm looking for a device to keep my hose up and away from me.  I'm thinking of getting this: 

"Retracting Reel CPAP Tube Hanger Holder Cozy Hoze Boss" 
But I use the Airfit P10 mask and it's probably too lightweight for this thing.  Thoughts?

RE: Best hose management for lighter masks? - djont57 - 07-23-2018

I use the CPAP Hose Holder from North American Healthcare. It is on Amazon for $15. I've used it with the Brevida, a fairly light mask as well.

RE: Best hose management for lighter masks? - snorybob - 07-23-2018

Hi MrZennie!

With the lightweight p10 I would be afraid for leaks (but that,s me - mixed reviews ). I use the regular travel cpap hose holder ( around $15. on amazon) and if you install it at the head of your bed it does the job. I use the p10 and this system works great for me.

Bag-head snorybob.

Hi MrZennie!

With the lightweight p10 I would be afraid for leaks (but that,s me - mixed reviews ). I use the regular travel cpap hose holder ( around $15. on amazon) and if you install it at the head of your bed it does the job. I use the p10 and this system works great for me.

Bag-head snorybob.

RE: Best hose management for lighter masks? - MrZennie - 07-23-2018

Snorybob, is that the one by Duracare?

RE: Best hose management for lighter masks? - MobileBasset - 07-23-2018

I use the hose pole by Dura Care and also the one by Arden which is more portable. It breaks apart into smaller pieces. They are the same in operation and I have used them with the P10. They work well.

MrZennie.

The one from  Duracare and the one from North American Healtcare look to be the same. Arden Innovations also make one looking similar but twice the price. ( the base looks different).

I chatted with Cozy hose boss agent and he says the device was intended for light weight mask ( P10) and if you have leaks they would be cause by the hose of your mask being to heavy. He says that it is designed to make the tube feel weightless, to eliminate -or at least mitigate - that type of problem. I hope this will help you !

Bag-head  snorybob.

RE: Best hose management for lighter masks? - dwd1249 - 07-23-2018

I've been using the blue coloured tangle free one from ebay US seller $28.52 Aud with freight . Best price here was $57.00 Aud.
I am very happy with it used with my AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow .

RE: Best hose management for lighter masks? - MrZennie - 07-23-2018

Thanks everyone, I just ordered the Duracare one. I've been on cpap for a couple months now, I can't believe I waited this long to order one of these.

RE: Best hose management for lighter masks? - bonum.noctem - 07-24-2018

(07-23-2018, 08:46 PM)snorybob Wrote: ... the one from North American Healtcare ... intended for light weight mask ( P10)

Can anyone comment more on comfort with this hose management design when moving around a lot during sleep (from side to side), since the P10 does not have a swivel?