Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Not sure what to do! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Not sure what to do! (/Thread-Not-sure-what-to-do)

Pages: 1 2 3

Not sure what to do! - LarryRapp - 07-29-2018

I have a FlashAir properly setup.  Recently it has been failing.  I go to the CPAP (a ResMed ASV) and remove and replace the card and that fixes it for at least one day sometimes several.  This is happening more and more.  What should I do?  Thank you!

RE: Not sure what to do! - ShaunBlake - 07-29-2018

Not enough information, so I'll just throw out a suggestion: grab a pencil with an eraser, clean the eraser (rubbing on paper, or sandpaper if necessary) until it's fresh rubber, and use that to clean the contacts on the SD card.

Otherwise, go to the FlashAir forum and look for tips on how to troubleshoot the bugger.

Please post your progress — seems there's lots of stealth FlashAir users around here.

RE: Not sure what to do! - LarryRapp - 07-29-2018

Thanks, Shaun, I'll give that a try!  The contacts look good but who knows!

Can you give me the URL of the forum?

What information would you like to know?

I've had a stroke  so sometimes I'm a bit slow!

RE: Not sure what to do! - Crimson Nape - 07-29-2018

There are a couple of possibilities to your problem.
  1. This being summer, does your area experience or is prone to brown outs?   If the access point drops a WiFi link, the FlashAir won't reconnect unless you power cycle it, like removing and reinserting it.

2. Heat will shorten the FlashAir's life.  From what I've learned from experimenting, the greater the distance from the access point will generate higher card temperatures and shorten its life.  

Sorry for being full of good news.

Hiya Red and thank you, my friend!  Yes, we've had a bunch of black-outs!  People driving into light poles!  I forgot about it not working unless you reinsert.  We have a generator but it doesn't turn on until the power's been out for 15 seconds.  I suppose I could put a small constant UPS on the thing.  As for heat, I dunno, I guess I'll try a UPS first, I think I have one around here someplace.

Actually, it just occurred to me - if I could find a device that let me know if a blackout occurred during the night, I could just compensate by removing and replacing the FlashAir.  That would save me a trip up the stairs!

If it weren't for the damn stroke, it would be easy enough to make one.

RE: Not sure what to do! - Crimson Nape - 07-29-2018

You may have a tester now. Look at the clock on your coffee maker or microwave. Usually one will be flashing or the time is incorrect.

Yeah, the problem is that the coffee maker and microwave are downstairs and the FlashAir and CPAP are upstairs!  I'm trying to save a trip upstairs and down.  I can't think of anything that could tell me.  I thought of the clock but it has a battery in it and doesn't indicate if the power's gone off.  Oh well...

RE: Not sure what to do! - pholynyk - 07-29-2018

You could take the battery out, Larry... Whistle

What battery?  I'm sorry but I don't know what you are talking about.