Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? (/Thread-White-Screen-on-DreamStation-what-s-going-on)

Pages: 1 2

White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - Hydrangea - 08-05-2018

Oh no!  The screen on my DreamStation is all white, with nothing on it.  Is it broken? 

Everything else seems to be working fine. I discovered the white screen when I turned off the blower this morning when I woke up. I turned it off, and then looked at the screen to see how many hours I slept... and the screen was entirely white. 

I've pushed the round button; nothing. The round button should turn on the screen and display info.  Nope; just a blank but illuminated white screen. 

I pushed the main rectangular button on top, and the blower turned on as if nothing was out of the ordinary.  Yet the screen remained white.

Is it broken?  Of course I've had this machien for 18 months so it's just out of its rental period, and who knows how long the warranty is for... and my DME is 3,000 miles away.

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - silentsnore - 08-05-2018

Did you try to unplug the power? Wait for 5-10sec then plug it back in and hopefully, you'll see the Respironics logo...

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - Hydrangea - 08-05-2018

(08-05-2018, 01:04 PM)ycsi Wrote: Did you try to unplug the power? Wait for 5-10sec then plug it back in and hopefully, you'll see the Respironics logo...

That's what I'm hoping for.  It's unplugged right now.  We'll see what happens when I plug it in tonight.

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - Hydrangea - 08-05-2018

I plugged it back in (to my surge protector, where it is always plugged in), and it has the white screen.

So I unplugged the cord from the machine, and waited about 10 minutes before plugging it back in. No luck. Still a white screen.

Now what?

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - Walla Walla - 08-05-2018

Time to take back for warranty work. If it's out of warranty than you'll probably have to find someone who work's on them. In a pinch you can use encore pro to set the settings thru your SD card.

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - silentsnore - 08-06-2018

As Walla Walla said, it's time for warranty repair. Check with your DME if they would send you a replacement/loaner machine while they sort the warranty claim with Respironics.

In the meantime, I hope you can still use the machine for therapy, even without functioning display.

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - holden4th - 08-07-2018

If you are happy with all of your settings then it's not too much of a problem.

Does the machine have a reset button? The screens are similar to what you'll get in a satnav. When my Navman did the same as your machine, the reset button solved the problem. It was the Power button and I held it down for about 30 secs and everything reset, including the screen. Not sure if it will work for the DS but worth a try.

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - Hydrangea - 08-07-2018

Hmm. I'm not aware of a reset button. But I'd be glad to hold a button for 30 seconds. Perhaps the blower button? My other buttons are ramp and the information screen toggle button.

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - Sleeprider - 08-07-2018

I don't think that power-cycling the machine is going to resolve the display problem. Do you have a warranty?

RE: White Screen on DreamStation - what's going on? - holden4th - 08-08-2018

(08-07-2018, 09:56 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Hmm. I'm not aware of a reset button.  But I'd be glad to hold a button for 30 seconds. Perhaps the blower button? My other buttons are ramp and the information screen toggle button.

I would hope that there is a way to reset a machine that doesn't require the screen. On other devices this is usually the on/off button.