Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New here with questions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New here with questions (/Thread-New-here-with-questions--22744)

New here with questions - SirGaspAlot - 08-09-2018

Ive been on a dreamstation auto-bipap since June 19, 2018 and 100% use, my numbers are still all over the place. Ive had a grand total of perhaps 7 days in the single digits AHI and my average peak goes into the mid teens AHI. Ive never had stable numbers ever. Is this the usual pattern prior to upgrading to ASV? I cant tell if I'm coming or going and I keep getting back to being exhausted over and over. Last round I spoke to my Dr. about it and he had changed my numbers to 6-22 CmH20 and PS of 4, and its still fluctuating. I do have more days below 10, but invariably it goes right back up to 14-16 AHI.

I have an appointment Saturday and would like to know your opinions. Thanks

RE: New here with questions - mesenteria - 08-09-2018

Welcome, Friend in Suffering.  We can't help you without some hard numbers.  A freeware that can help is called sleepyhead.  You can get it at sourceforge.  Please download it and get some data from your SD card on your machine.  Post examples of nights' data and we'll help as we can.  But we gotta see some numbers.

RE: New here with questions - SirGaspAlot - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 11:44 AM)mesenteria Wrote: Welcome, Friend in Suffering.  We can't help you without some hard numbers.  A freeware that can help is called sleepyhead.  You can get it at sourceforge.  Please download it and get some data from your SD card on your machine.  Post examples of nights' data and we'll help as we can.  But we gotta see some numbers.

Got it already, will be uploading tonight. Thanks!

RE: New here with questions - Walla Walla - 08-09-2018

I like was already mentioned posting a sleepyhead chart will let us know whats happening. There are links below to download and also how to arrange charts and post them. many things can cause the AHI to rise and fall. Sleep position is a common problem. ASV is used to treat those who also have central apnea. If your getting a lot of clear airway events than it is possible you may end up needing an ASV but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion right away.

RE: New here with questions - SirGaspAlot - 08-09-2018

(08-09-2018, 11:53 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: I like was already mentioned posting a sleepyhead chart will let us know whats happening. There are links below to download and also how to arrange charts and post them. many things can cause the AHI to rise and fall. Sleep position is a common problem. ASV is used to treat those who also have central apnea. If your getting a lot of clear airway events than it is possible you may end up needing an ASV but I wouldn't jump to that conclusion right away.

Thanks!