Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? (/Thread-Sleepyhead-not-importing-reporting-data-correctly)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? - allanri - 08-20-2018

Imagine my thrill this morning when I saw this:
[attachment=7875]

This is showing that I had ZERO events from last night (there were some from a brief afternoon nap that I had earlier in the day).

It seemed to good to be true, so I asked my DME to take a report.  This is what he got:
[attachment=7874]

So, I'm not sure what Sleepyhead is doing ... I reimported the data, just to be sure.  I get the same results showing AHI of 0.  

I'm running v1.0.0-beta-2 ... says this is the latest version?

RE: Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? - OpalRose - 08-20-2018

Taking a guess that you don’t have all your sleep sessions turned on.

Look under statistics, left side bar at bottom of page and be sure all sessions are on. There are many breaks in your sleep showing several sessions during the night. Your DME is showing the whole night.

RE: Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? - Sleeprider - 08-20-2018

Another notch in the belt pointing to complex apnea and ultimately ASV. I don't know why your events are not showing in SH, but suspect it is due to sessions being turned off as suggested by OR.

RE: Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? - allanri - 08-20-2018

(08-20-2018, 09:33 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Taking a guess that you don’t have all your sleep sessions turned on.

Look under statistics, left side bar at bottom of page and be sure all sessions are on.  There are many breaks in your sleep showing several sessions during the night.  Your DME is showing the whole night.

As far as I can tell, all sessions are turned on: 
[attachment=7891]

There are several sessions because I turn the machine off if I get up to go the bathroom, rather than have it blast noisy air and wake my spouse.

Sleeprider, What are you seeing that is evidence of complex apnea?  There were some apneas reported during my afternoon nap (17:06 - 17:53), but to be honest, I'm kind of suspicious of what the machine is reporting.  I wasn't really even napping ... I had the mask on, and the machine running, but for the most part, I was playing with my iPhone. I might have closed my eyes, but I'm 99% sure i didn't actually fall asleep during this time. I suppose it's possible I had some apneas, but you'd think I'd be aware of this many in such a short period of time if I wasn't actually asleep, no?

RE: Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? - OpalRose - 08-20-2018

(08-20-2018, 02:06 PM)allanri Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 09:33 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Taking a guess that you don’t have all your sleep sessions turned on.

Look under statistics, left side bar at bottom of page and be sure all sessions are on.  There are many breaks in your sleep showing several sessions during the night.  Your DME is showing the whole night.

As far as I can tell, all sessions are turned on: 

There are several sessions because I turn the machine off if I get up to go the bathroom, rather than have it blast noisy air and wake my spouse.

Yes, it does look like your sessions are turned on. Just curious, do you use ResScan? You can download it from the Private Files and Links Forum and compare to your SleepyHead data.

RE: Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? - Sleeprider - 08-20-2018

(08-20-2018, 02:13 PM)allanri Wrote: Sleeprider, What are you seeing that is evidence of complex apnea?  There were some apneas reported during my afternoon nap (17:06 - 17:53), but to be honest, I'm kind of suspicious of what the machine is reporting.  I wasn't really even napping ... I had the mask on, and the machine running, but for the most part, I was playing with my iPhone. I might have closed my eyes, but I'm 99% sure i didn't actually fall asleep during this time. I suppose it's possible I had some apneas, but you'd think I'd be aware of this many in such a short period of time if I wasn't actually asleep, no?

Assuming this chart is accurate, it looks a bit like complex apnea to me.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=7874]

(08-20-2018, 02:59 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Assuming this chart is accurate, it looks a bit like complex apnea to me

Oh, duh, right.  I didn't spend too much time looking at that chart.  

Yes, there are quite a few CAs there.  I'll follow-up on this in the main Apnea Board Forum, since this isn't a software issue.

(08-20-2018, 02:18 PM)OpalRose Wrote: Yes, it does look like your sessions are turned on.  Just curious, do you use ResScan?  You can download it from the Private Files and Links Forum and compare to your SleepyHead data.

I don't use ResScan, mainly because I use a Mac, and it's Windows-only, I believe.  I do run Windows under VMWare on my MacBook, and I have tried using ResScan, but Windows running on a Mac doesn't recognize the SD card reader on the computer, and you sort of have to do backflips to get the data into ResScan.

RE: Sleepyhead not importing/reporting data correctly? - allanri - 08-26-2018

So it happened again; SleepyHead is reporting ZERO events from last night.
[attachment=7966]

(There's also an unexplained gap in the middle of the night, but that's another problem ...)

It is reporting 3 events from a short nap I took earlier in the day, but it's not catching anything from last night. The machine reported an AHI of 6.something, and if I load the data in ResScan (which I don't do regularly, because it's a pain to run it on my Mac), the data is all there. 

I usually use FlashPap to pull the data off my FlashAir card, and it works perfectly.  To make sure, I inserted the SD card into my computer directly; I still get the same results.

I've tried using the "Report a Bug" feature of Sleepyhead, but it takes me to a 404 error web page.   I've posted a comment in the Sleepyhead space on Discord ... not sure what else to do?

[Edit]
I ran SleepyHead under Windows, and it does show the data ... except ... the details about my nap from earlier in the day do not appear.  Curiouser and curiouser ...
[attachment=7971]