Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to CPAP - Need advice! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to CPAP - Need advice! (/Thread-New-to-CPAP-Need-advice)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - Sleeprider - 12-31-2018

Your results continue to improve in small steps, so you seem to be making good decisions and are responding as expected. I think small increases in PS will produce more reduction of FL and H. OA looks fine. As far as the finer adjustment of Ti and trigger/cycle sensitivity, that is up to you and the feedback you sense as being better or worse.

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - avaholic - 01-10-2019

So I finally saw my sleep doc. They attempted to read the SD card from the new machine but they said it is still 'tied to the former patient.' They said that the old DME would have to release the serial number from the old patient in order for this device to then be assigned to me. 

I contacted the individual who sold it to me but they do not remember which DME they purchased it from. They also don't appear to want to help me in any way in getting the unit released from their recently deceased family member.  While I do understand, its a bit disappointing and frustrating.

When I got the unit, I completely formatted the SD Card before first use. Is that not enough? Has anyone else come across this? Any other suggestions on how to get the unit properly assigned to me?

The unit works perfectly and is giving me a great night's rest but my doctor is not going to be able to give me any support on it since its tied to this other individual.

I'm still having pretty good results. I got a new ResMed F30 mask so that I could switch between the F20 and the F30 to help with a pressure sore that developed on the bridge of my nose from the F20. It's taken quite a bit of time finding a leak free seal on the F30. I absolutely hate silicone masks. I jerry-rigged a Remzz pad to fit it so its a little better. I'm so used to the memory foam on the F20 I wish the F30 had it too...

Thanks!

Saturday with the F20
[attachment=9768]

Wednesday with the F30
[attachment=9767]

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - Sleeprider - 01-10-2019

Avaholic, your results looks great. You might want to experiment with small increases in PS, like 4.2 or 4.4 and see if that can further reduce hypopnea. As far as support from your DME, they are using the Resmed central data. Obviously if they were using ResScan locally they would not have this problem, and I don't think that database is populated from your SD card, but from the transmitted data from Resmed. It is less detailed and probably not that useful anyway. They simply are not motivated to help or they could work it out with Resmed to reassign your machine in MyAir. You might want to message member dmeRT who seems to have good inside knowledge of how this works.

JEG, we're going to move your post to a new thread rather than reply in this therapy thread by avaholic.

Thanks! I have already assigned the VAUTO and its serial number on the ResMed site to my MyAir account. I receive (useless) texts everyday about my terrific therapy etc.

Is there another internal ResMed DB somewhere that needs to be changed as well?

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - Sleeprider - 01-10-2019

We have a word in Pittsburgh that describes your DME and doctor, "jagoff".

You already know more than they can tell you.

LOL! So there is not another place where I need to make this change?

If I've added the VAUTO's serial number to MyAir, should the Doc and DME be able to see that this is assigned to me now?

What else can I do to help them understand this info? The DME even told me that there was 'nothing they could do if it was assigned to another patient." They didn't even attempt to look at the unit or its SD Card.