Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New to CPAP - Need advice! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New to CPAP - Need advice! (/Thread-New-to-CPAP-Need-advice)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - Sleeprider - 09-20-2018

Nice to see things are working better. With regard to EPR, it probably won't hurt your results, but you will have to try it to see if it works well for you. Once thing to watch for with the Resmed is that I think you will quickly see it properly identifies your inspiratory and expiratory times. The most recent chart has good results, but I:E is still 3.0:1.0. I think you will find that reversed with the Resmed, and that is why EPR will work. Let's see.

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - avaholic - 09-20-2018

Do I need to create a new sleepyhead profile for the new machine or can I just import the new SD card into my current profile?

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - jaswilliams - 09-20-2018

Just import into the same profile sleepyhead will be happy

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - avaholic - 09-21-2018

Hmmm.

First night with the ResMed and my numbers increased a bit. From AHI 1.56 to AHI 3.61. I don't feel as rested as I did yesterday morning for sure. Not bad, but not nearly as good as did yesterday.

Where did are all those centrals come from?

I'm wondering if I just don't do well with any kind of Exhale Pressure Relief... EPR was set to Full @ 3.

Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thursday
[attachment=8351]

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - Sleeprider - 09-21-2018

Cut EPR back to 2. I'm pretty sure the centrals are mainly a product of you not being accustomed to the EPR, and without the centrals the AHI is less than 1. The new machine is properly recording inhale/exhale times. We can look at some closeups of the normal breathing periods like around 00:20 to see how things look, but I think once you get sorted on EPR it's possible you can even reduce pressure.

In all fairness, before your exceptionally good last night on the Dreamstation, your previous results were ringing the bell between 5-10 AHI with abundant clusters of OA. I think this looks like the right direction.

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - Sleeprider - 09-21-2018

Let's compare two nights that have a similar pattern of events.  Here is a graph for September 16 that has the same early obstruction and pressure increase as your most current graph.  What stands out here is that there were a lot more OA and higher median and 90% pressure on the Philips.  Other than the bizzare I:E times on the Philips, most other respiratory statistics are very similar.   I think it will take some time to get used to the new machine, and don't want you to be too quick to pass judgement on the basis of one night. 

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8334]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8351]

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - avaholic - 09-21-2018

Thanks for the encouragement! 

I'm in it for the long haul, don't worry. I've been 100% compliant since I got the first unit on Aug 27 and I'll continue to be so. That's why I'm posting in here!

So I really didn't understand what you meant by "I:E is still 3.0:1.0."

From Wednesday's chart:
Insp. Time Time taken to breathe in (Seconds)
W-Avg: 2.96 Min 0.60 Med 3.00 90% 3.40 Max 9.64
Exp. Time Time taken to breathe out (Seconds)
W-Avg: 1.13 Min 0.34 Med 1.00 90 % 1.50 Max 4.20

From Thursday's chart:
Insp. Time Time taken to breathe in (Seconds)
W-Avg: 2.14 Min 0.24 Med 2.08 90 % 2.60 Max 5.84
Exp. Time Time taken to breathe out (Seconds)
W-Avg: 2.09 Min 0.06 Med 2.10 90 % 2.48 Max 6.32

RobySue's explanation in the Beginner's Guide:

"Insp Time - Inspiratory Time (seconds)

These are the numbers for the lengths of your individual inhalations. Is there any clinical significance to the length of the inhalations? Not that we know of-- if you don't have some kind of a daytime breathing problem as well as sleep apnea.

Exp Time - Expiratory Time (seconds)

These are the numbers for the lengths of your individual exhalations. Is there any clinical significance to the length of the exhalations? Not that we know of-- if you don't have some kind of a daytime breathing problem as well as sleep apnea."

But I still don't really understand what you meant exactly.  Smile

I've change EPR to 2 so we'll see what happens tonight.

One thing about reporting to the app on the new unit. It took almost 2 hours for any data to display in MyAir. I've read some post about that so I guess it's normal but its kind of weird.

A couple of zoomed in FR charts.

2 min @ 00:20
[attachment=8357]

2 min @ 00:40
[attachment=8358]

20 min from 00:20-00:40
[attachment=8359]

**Thanks again for all the help! This forum was an awesome find and I'd still be struggling without your help and support!**

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - avaholic - 09-22-2018

Whoah! Last night was incredibly rough!

EPR was 2. I don't know whether to turn it back up to 3, turn it down to 1, or turn it off completely.  ???

I'm leaving for an intensive week in Orlando this morning. I need sleep this week!

All sessions Friday
[attachment=8398]

Friday w/out known awake sessions.
[attachment=8399]

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - Sleeprider - 09-22-2018

You're not tolerating the EPR, go to a setting of 1. We might end up turning it off just with Flex. This looks a lot like complex apnea, and is triggered at pretty low pressure support levels, and as you note, much of it is during periods you are awake, so we shouldn't jump to conclusions. Anyway, you were getting results on CPAP that did not have any CA, and we will get back to that, even if EPR is not part of it.

RE: New to CPAP - Need advice! - avaholic - 09-23-2018

Morning. I just decided to turn off EPR for this week while I'm away from home. Glad I did as I'm back to AHI 1.3. I don't have sleepyhead installed on my work laptop (no sd reader) so I have no idea what the chart looks like but MyAir says 96% and AHI 1.3. Im not going to change anything else until I get back home.