Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Product Review] DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Product Review Forums (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Product-Review-Forums)
+---- Forum: CPAP Machine Reviews (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-CPAP-Machine-Reviews)
+---- Thread: [Product Review] DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose (/Thread-Product-Review-DeVilbiss-IntelliPAP-2-AutoAdjust-Auto-CPAP-Machine-with-Heated-Humidifier-PulseDose)

DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose - dfstarman - 08-31-2018

I am quite pleased , with this machine I have had for 2 days.
It is very easy to adjust using the clinicians manual.
It has many ways to get data :from the Android APP, to using the Encrypted SMART codes with a free web based reporting function, to the Quick view on the machine and the Desktop SMART Link software 
I posted some screen shots in the softwware forum
Plus Sleepy head will be supporting it soon, it was supposed to be in the latest beta but it would not read the Sd card and I sent them a file to work with.
It cost $663.00 
It is very quiet.
The Pulse dose works fine and does prevent rain out.
It has a built in alarm clock.
It has 2 types of Smart flex , the curve rounding  takes some fiddleing with to get comfortable , it has the traditional SMART Flex just like my S9 plus separate curve rounding for both inhalation and exhalation.

Filling the humidifer is not as convenient as the S9 , but not terrible.

I have had  a Remstar year ago which I hated and did not use, my S9 Auto  which I liked , an Transcend portable autopap which i did not like and a Dreamstation go which I do like. 

I would be happy to answer any questions if anyone has some.

RE: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose - Diotima245 - 06-10-2019

I've always been impressed with Devilbiss CPAP design and features.. hows it working out for you?

RE: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose - SleeplessInVirginia - 08-21-2021

I need to get a new machine.  My last two (both ResMed, which I liked), failed only because the humidifier heater failed, and it bugs me to have to buy a new machine because of that.  So I'm looking at machines where the humidifier is a separate unit that can be replaced.  The ResMed S9 has apparently been discontinued.

The IntelliPAP 2 is a candidate.  The PulseDose feature is clever, but the only information I can find on it are company marketing literature and initial reviews covering the design and features.  I haven't found feedback from people who have used it for a while. 

Can you provide any information on how well that mechanism has held up over the years (still working?), and whether it adds any noise switching back and forth between air sources? 

Also, the timing of the switchover is based on a predictive algorithm (it needs to put the right air in the end of the hose before you need it so that it reaches your nose at the right time).  When your breathing is regular, that ought to be easy.  But when the pattern changes or your breathing is irregular, that might be a challenge.  What's been your experience of how much the result feels the same as continuous humidified air, and is it adequate to keep your nasal passages happy?

Thanks for any insight you can add to the original post.

RE: DeVilbiss discontinuing all CPAP machines! - GuyScharf - 09-03-2021

According to HMENews.com today (9/2/2021), Drive/DeVilbiss is discontinuing all CPAP machines as of December 2021.

Quote:PORT WASHINGTON, N.Y. – Drive DeVilbiss Healthcare will discontinue its DV5 and DV6 series of CPAP devices as of December 2021, citing raw material shortages, difficulty securing needed parts and increased component pricing.

The company will continue to focus on its oxygen products in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. 

“Over the last two years, Drive DeVilbiss has been a major supplier of critical oxygen products during the largest respiratory pandemic in history,” said Derek Lampert, CEO. “It has been our duty to provide essential therapeutic oxygen products to the global market. We have taken that responsibility very seriously and have focused our resources to that end. With the most recent resurgence of COVID-19, we continue to run at maximum capacity. The ability to transition the manufacturing space away from the CPAP lines will allow us to raise our output of these critical medical devices.”  

Drive DeVilbiss will no longer accept orders for the DV5 and DV6 series of CPAP devices, but it will continue to support warranty commitments on the devices and the sale of accessories such as chambers, filters and patient tubing to support continued therapy by users.

RE: DeVilbiss IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine with Heated Humidifier PulseDose - Cuppa - 12-23-2022

A review on the now obsolete model - because I hope another manufacturer might read it & decide to fill the gap that the loss of this beaut machine has left in the marketplace.

Almost 14 months ago, just a couple of months before Devilbiss discontinued the DV6 CPAP models I bought another one whilst I still could. I am sad they are no longer made, the one I am currently using I imported from the US to Australia in 2016 & it has been in constant nightly use since then. It suits me very well as a travel machine in our RV as it runs natively on 12v. I am not aware of any other machine on the market which is a quiet, full size machine with a proper humidifier which is better suited power-wise to 12v solar power, but can operate just as well when we visit folks at home & can be plugged into 240v. Of course most CPAP's can be used in an RV, but tend to use more power with their traditional heated humidifiers than the Pulse dose uses, no need for heated hoses to prevent rainout, & no voltage conversion losses  either internally to 24v or externally via an inverter. Even before I discovered that the DV64 was supported by OSCAR, when I heard Devilbiss was discontinuing the line, I was keen to get a replacement for when my now 6 year old machine karks it. The loss of a machine which offered what the DV64 provided from the marketplace leaves a niche market for one of the other manufacturers but I have not become aware that this is being filled. Anyone aware of any other machines which fill the Devilbiss shoes? I hope the unique Pulse dose technology humidification & native 12v operation will not be lost to the cpap market.