Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Question concerning pressure graph - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Question concerning pressure graph (/Thread-Question-concerning-pressure-graph)

Question concerning pressure graph - yankees123 - 09-07-2018

If you look at the pressure graph at the top line in the beginning of the session as well as at 2:30 the red trace seems to have a lot of dashes traced and not a solid red trace.  I have noticed this recently on several days and wondering what that could be.  It is not from stopping the machine which does show up at about 12:30. Appreciate your feedback.

RE: Question concerning pressure graph - Sleeprider - 09-07-2018

Dont-know  I see this from time to time, and don't have an answer.  It almost looks like the data stream goes missing momentarily. What does it look like zoomed in?

RE: Question concerning pressure graph - yankees123 - 09-07-2018

SR, I have been seeing this recently .  If I scroll by clicking the right arrow key and go along the night it is a perfectly straight line with no breaks.
You also see the same pattern with the leak graph where there are gaps in the trace line.

RE: Question concerning pressure graph - Sleeprider - 09-07-2018

On my old analog chart recorders, that could be low ink, a bad pen or intermittent data. I have no idea why it is appearing in your data. i don't see it in my wife's autoset or my vauto.

RE: Question concerning pressure graph - BlueDragon75 - 09-07-2018

Graphing flaws can be a result of a combination of the computer, any scaling on the display, and the graphing software. I have had that happen with various applications. I've usually been able to address this by changing zoom ratio, monitor magnification, and similar changes.

Blue Drago, I am not great with computers but can you tell me is there an easy way to fix this?

RE: Question concerning pressure graph - BlueDragon75 - 09-07-2018

(09-07-2018, 02:12 PM)yankees123 Wrote: Blue Drago, I am not great with computers but can you tell me is there an easy way to fix this?

This kind of graphing flaw can be a result of many different issues, or combination of factors, so I can't say "do this..." and the problem will go away.  Some things you could try:
  • Resize your SH window and see if that helps.  Or maximize the window.  Or use the SH full screen option (which I have seen reported as sometimes causing other problems, although it has not happened to me).
  • Is your display resolution set to match the native resolution of your display? 
  • In your video driver, turn "hardware acceleration" off if it is on; turn it on if it is off.
The fact that this problem has just started happening indicates something has changed.  That could be as simple as you changed the size of your SH window or as messy as a Windows update changing a video driver in some way that broke SH display.

Good luck!

Thanks for your advice.  Will try and see if anything you recommend helps.

You were right BLUEDRAGO it was the sizing of the SH window.
THANKS!!