Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset vs "For Her" model - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset vs "For Her" model (/Thread-Resmed-Airsense-10-Autoset-vs-For-Her-model)

Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset vs "For Her" model - barry15 - 10-13-2018

I'm a long time CPAP user (over 20 years), and I'm ready to buy a new machine.  I have the Resmed S9, and I have liked it, but it is now 8 years old, and I want a new one.  I plan to keep the S9 as a backup.

I've always had Resmed machines, and I like the Airsense 10 Autoset, but I have a question about the "For Her" model.  Is it really true that you get an extra mode (algorithm) with the For Her model, but can still set it to use the same algorithm that's in the regular (black) Airsense 10 Autoset?  It seems strange that they would offer two models like that.  Why would anyone buy the black one, with less functionality?  Purely for the color?  Am I missing something here?  Thanks.

Barry B

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset vs "For Her" model - Gideon - 10-13-2018

I believe the for Her also reports RERAs

And it's not just color, the for her has flowers on it.  You wouldn't want a life-changing machine to have FLOWERS on it, would you?
Sarcastic mode off.

You summed it up pretty well.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset vs "For Her" model - Sleeprider - 10-13-2018

The Airsense 10 Autoset has both a standard and soft Autoset modes, as well as CPAP mode.  The For Her adds an additional third Autoset mode.  Both report the same data including RERA.  Relatively few people seem to benefit from the For Her mode.  Consider the information attached and decide if it might be useful or not.  Both are the same price, but availability varies.  You should request a copy of the Airsense 10 Clinical manual where the features are detailed.

AutoSet for Her mode
AutoSet for Her mode is based on key aspects of ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm and delivers therapeutic responses tailored to the characteristics of female OSA patients.  The AutoSet for Her is similar to ResMed’s AutoSet algorithm with the following modifications:

 Reduced rate of pressure increments designed to help prevent arousals.
 Slower pressure decays.
 Treats apneas up to 12 cm H2O and continues to respond to flow limitation and snore up to 20 cm H2O.
 Minimum pressure (Min. Pressure) that adjusts according to the frequency of apneas:

If two apneas occur within a minute, the pressure reached in response to the second apnea will become the new minimum treatment pressure until the next treatment session.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=4640]

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset vs "For Her" model - barry15 - 10-13-2018

Thanks very much for the prompt and informative replies.  I have the clinician's manual for the Airsense 10, and my pressure is 7 t0 9 at this point, so I don't see any reason not to get the For Her model, as long as availability isn't an issue.  I'll try the various modes and see if I can even detect any difference.  I suspect they will all be just fine, but it makes sense to me to have the flexibility if I can have it for no additional cost.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset vs "For Her" model - Mosquitobait - 10-15-2018

(10-13-2018, 12:57 PM)bonjour Wrote: I believe the for Her also reports RERAs

And it's not just color, the for her has flowers on it.  You wouldn't want a life-changing machine to have FLOWERS on it, would you?
Sarcastic mode off.

You summed it up pretty well.

It's not flowers, it's leaves.  And yes, it makes sense to get the one with 3 modalities.  However, you may find that your DME needs to order it - they won't have it on the shelf.

RE: Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset vs "For Her" model - barry15 - 10-15-2018

Thanks for confirming that it makes sense to get the one with three modes.  I plan to buy it from an online source, and it appears they have it in stock.  I decided to skip the whole sleep doctor/sleep test route and just buy it myself.  I'll submit a claim to my insurance, but if they deny it, no big deal.  I'm very fortunate to be able to afford the cost, and it is just so much simpler than the "official" route.  I've used CPAP for over 20 years, and I have been using software to check my data on Resmed machines for the last 12 years plus, so I don't really feel the need to have a DME involved.  My primary care doctor was perfectly willing to write a prescription, on the form supplied by the online source, so I took the easy route.

I don't mind some leaves on my machine (or flowers for that matter), and I wouldn't care if it was pink, although I do like the beige color better than pink.  No one ever sees it except my wife anyway.  Well, I guess when I fly the TSA people see it sometimes, when they want to swab it, but I can stand that.

Thanks again for the info.  This board is a great source of excellent information.

Barry