Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Resmed Model?? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Resmed Model?? (/Thread-New-Resmed-Model)

Pages: 1 2

New Resmed Model?? - Jimbo - 10-16-2018

Does anyone have any info about when a new RESMED model might be released???

RE: New Resmed Model?? - Walla Walla - 10-16-2018

Haven't heard anything. They usually come out about every 5 years. Funny how that matches up with Medicares time frame.

RE: New Resmed Model?? - SarcasticDave94 - 10-16-2018

At least they're not duping you into buying a new one every year like Samsung and Apple try to do with their phones.

Coffee

RE: New Resmed Model?? - Stom - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018, 06:57 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Does anyone have any info about when a new RESMED model might be released???

No idea. What would you want in a new regular or new travel model? I've seen some threads where a supposed CPAP designer solicited feedback, and there were all sorts of ideas, lots of which seemed superfluous to me, but could be very important to others (like requests for a rainbow of color choices).

RE: New Resmed Model?? - Stom - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018, 07:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: At least they're not duping you into buying a new one every year like Samsung and Apple try to do with their phones.

Coffee

Grrr...non-user replaceable batteries. They make what should be long lasting items into disposable waste. Not just phones, everything with non-user replaceable rechargeable batteries. I considered buying fancy Bose noise cancelling earbuds but the electronics that do the cancellation use a rechargeable, non-replaceable battery making the earbuds a consumable rather than a durable good. Used to be $100+ items were made to last. now they are made for the trash. :-( Glad the ResMed PAP machines don't use anything like that, though I do wish the AirMini included a screen rather than counting on your cell phone. ResMed recently killed off an expensive sleep tracker that is still for sale on Amazon, the S+, by killing off the internet servers you had to use to access the data from the sleep tracker via your phone (even though the S+ is right there next to you). So I put any reliance on the internet or proprietary phone apps in a similar category as non-user replaceable batteries.

RE: New Resmed Model?? - SarcasticDave94 - 10-17-2018

(10-16-2018, 09:06 PM)Stom Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 07:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: At least they're not duping you into buying a new one every year like Samsung and Apple try to do with their phones.

Coffee

Grrr...non-user replaceable batteries. They make what should be long lasting items into disposable waste. Not just phones, everything with non-user replaceable rechargeable batteries. I considered buying fancy Bose noise cancelling earbuds but the electronics that do the cancellation use a rechargeable, non-replaceable battery making the earbuds a consumable rather than a durable good. Used to be $100+ items were made to last. now they are made for the trash. :-( Glad the ResMed PAP machines don't use anything like that, though I do wish the AirMini included a screen rather than counting on your cell phone. ResMed recently killed off an expensive sleep tracker that is still for sale on Amazon, the S+, by killing off the internet servers you had to use to access the data from the sleep tracker via your phone (even though the S+ is right there next to you). So I put any reliance on the internet or proprietary phone apps in a similar category as non-user replaceable batteries.

Yep, my sentiment exactly.

Why swap out a $15-25 battery when you can make the consumer replace the $750 phone? So says phone manufacturers. Angry

RE: New Resmed Model?? - Fats Drywaller - 11-05-2018

(10-16-2018, 08:09 PM)Stom Wrote:
(10-16-2018, 06:57 PM)Jimbo Wrote: Does anyone have any info about when a new RESMED model might be released???

No idea. What would you want in a new regular or new travel model?

A lower price.

(Yeah, right. ... "Wow, look at that! Hell just froze over!")

RE: New Resmed Model?? - OMyMyOHellYes - 11-05-2018

Coffee

Wait .... I can get a phone that doubles as an APAP?

RE: New Resmed Model?? - SarcasticDave94 - 11-06-2018

(11-05-2018, 10:53 PM)OMyMyOHellYes Wrote:

Coffee

Wait .... I can get a phone that doubles as an APAP?

There IS an app for that.

Coffee

RE: New Resmed Model?? - lab rat - 11-06-2018

Isn't the AirMini effectively the "new model"?

I suspect the Airsense 10 replacement will be a much smaller device, not exactly travel size but easier to leave home with.