Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Equipment] Resmed N30i - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Equipment] Resmed N30i (/Thread-Equipment-Resmed-N30i)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Resmed N30i - Kev73 - 10-28-2018

Last Tuesday I received an email from Resmed advertising a new mask. The Airfit N30i. It looks like their take on the Dreamwear which is my go-to mask at this point. 

I’ve searched all over and cannot see any mention of this mask anywhere. All discussion seems to be about the F30. Even Resmed’s site has nothing about this mask. 

I have a link to the product information page.. is it allowable to post this? It only has basic info, photos, user guide and brochure.

RE: Resmed N30i - big_dave - 10-28-2018

Links to ResMed and other manufacturers are OK. Just not links to DME websites. Just be sure it’s really from ResMed and not a DME. I get emails from online suppliers about new products all the time. (I am using the term “DME” to include the online suppliers.)

RE: Resmed N30i - Kev73 - 10-28-2018

(10-28-2018, 11:02 PM)big_dave Wrote: Links to ResMed and other manufacturers are OK. Just not links to DME websites. Just be sure it’s really from ResMed and not a DME.

Ok, cool. 

Here’s the link:

https://pages.resmed.com/CA-N30i-P.html

Looking forward to reviews on this and how it compares to the Dreamwear.

RE: Resmed N30i - Coffee Man - 10-29-2018

Looks great - I would be interested to hear if anyone has used this and if it is quieter than the dreamwear nasal mask. Looks like it is not available in USA.

RE: Resmed N30i - Stom - 10-29-2018

(10-28-2018, 11:02 PM)big_dave Wrote: Links to ResMed and other manufacturers are OK. Just not links to DME websites.

There's a caveat that got me dinged. You can only link to manufacturer's sites if they don't offer retail sales. I linked to CPAP maker Moyeah's site once and had my link removed because it turned out they have a link to direct sales on their site.

RE: Resmed N30i - SarcasticDave94 - 10-29-2018

Looks like another interesting new mask to add to my wish list as I attempt to move away from the FFM.

Coffee

RE: Resmed N30i - Fats Drywaller - 11-05-2018

Thanks for the link to the page about the N30i. Folks who have not used the PR Dreamwear mask and who are interested in the N30i might want to read all of the Dreamwear reviews they can find before buying an N30i, because the N30i has basically the same design, with air flowing through the silicone frame from the hose attachment at the top of the head. I found the Dreamwear to be intolerably noisy, and I have shelved mine indefinitely as a result. It's too bad, because I liked the interchangeability of the nasal cushion and nasal pillows: the mask can have either of those personalities. I don't know whether Resmed has done the same thing with the N30i.

Of course, it's possible that Resmed has solved the noise problem. That's probably the first question that reviewers of the N30i will be asked: Is it so much quieter than the Dreamwear that I should take a chance and buy one?

RE: Resmed N30i - Sleep2Snore - 11-05-2018

That looks like a direct copy to me.
I wish they would take the hose from masks and give you the option to put the hose over the head out of the way, it is far better, you can twist and turn and it moves easily. I used a mask where the hose had both options, and over the head was brilliant. Resumed, you said your design team had been contacted, but nothing yet!

RE: Resmed N30i - Walla Walla - 11-05-2018

Looking at the elbow connection in their video Isaw the N30i uses the new quiet air elbow. That will make it as quiet as the new F20's and the P10 masks.

RE: Resmed N30i - holden4th - 11-06-2018

I just received an email today from a major Aussie CPAP company advising me about the N30i. As soon as I saw the image I immediately thought Dreamwear!

There are a few things about the N30i that intrigue me when comparing it to the DW. The first is the spring loaded frame which might solve a few problems for DW users, especially where leaks are concerned. I have to make sure my DW frame is placed in exactly the right position to minimise leakage.

The second is the elbow system which has already been mentioned.

The third is the shape of the nasal cushions. They look as if they might direct the air quite effectively and avoid any of it blowing into the eyes.

I love my DW but if this is better then it's starter for me. The only caveat is the Aussie price - $260!!!!! To pay this I need to know if I get a pack with different pillow sizes. I'll opt for a medium frame if they have one but maybe because it's spring loaded it will be one size fits all. Shipping commences a few weeks from now and there is a 14 day money back guarantee.