Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed (/Thread-AirCurve-10-Date-wrong-and-can-t-be-changed)

AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - MyronH - 11-05-2018

The other day, we had the time change, so I rolled back the time one hour on my vAuto 10. The time is correct, but somehow the date changed one day ahead to 11/6. When I try to change it back one day, it says the date can't be set in the past. Do I need to reset the whole machine? How do I set the date to today?

RE: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - Sleeprider - 11-05-2018

What is this compulsion to change the time on a CPAP? Leave the time alone.

You can reset the date by resetting the user data. Back up the SD card first if you need the data. Alternatively, you can turn the time back after noon a few hours at a time.

RE: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - MyronH - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 09:13 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: What is this compulsion to change the time on a CPAP?  Leave the time alone.

You can reset the date by resetting the user data.  Back up the SD card first if you need the data.  Alternatively, you can turn the time back after noon a few hours at a time.

Daylight savings time ended. So I wanted to set the time correctly so it syncs up with my SpO2 monitor. I'll wait until after 12pm to see if it allows me to set the time.

RE: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - Fats Drywaller - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 09:43 AM)MyronH Wrote: Daylight savings time ended. So I wanted to set the time correctly so it syncs up with my SpO2 monitor. I'll wait until after 12pm to see if it allows me to set the time.

I agree with Sleeprider, and I just keep everything set to standard time in my zone rather than adjusting twice a year for DST, which is a mickey-mouse sort of thing, and why bother? If you do that (ignoring DST) with the CPAP machine and the oximeter both, you'll be able to forget about it forever. Anyone who wants to take this to its logical conclusion could set everything to the quaintly-named UTC ("coordinated universal time"?!?), aka GMT, and again forget about it. Radio hams and shortwave listeners are used to that.

The Resmed machines don't let you set the clock back into a time range that already has data recorded. That's why erasing all data is a workaround.

RE: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - Walla Walla - 11-05-2018

MyronH, You must of changed the date by accident because setting the hour back didn't advance the day. I see no problem with changing the hour for daylight savings time. I do it myself and have had no problems with it
Despite Sleeprider's compulsion to call it a compulsion.  Oh-jeez

RE: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - yrnkrn - 11-05-2018

The machine does not allow to change date/time into a time for which it already has data. Before going to sleep, try to move the clock back as many hours as it will allow, i.e. not before morning. After repeating this for 2-3 days you will have moved a day back.

RE: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - Sleeprider - 11-05-2018

(11-05-2018, 11:02 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: MyronH, You must of changed the date by accident because setting the hour back didn't advance the day. I see no problem with changing the hour for daylight savings time. I do it myself and have had no problems with it
Despite Sleeprider's compulsion to call it a compulsion.  Oh-jeez

I did correct the time on mine.  For some reason it had drifted to about 25 minutes slow. Changing time by one hour is not a problem, but if you accidently change the date like Myron, or change many hours as a long distance traveller recently did, it can be a problem.  I call it obsessive mostly because it is completely unnecessary, and not something some end users do well, as evidenced by the number of threads that complain about this problem.

RE: AirCurve 10 - Date wrong and can't be changed - SarcasticDave94 - 11-06-2018

Here is South Central PA, I'm doing my part to not add to the complaining of clock setting issues by implementing one simple rule: do NOT set time change on the xPAP. AKA set and forget.

Coffee