Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Philips System One humidifier chamber - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Philips System One humidifier chamber (/Thread-Philips-System-One-humidifier-chamber)

Pages: 1 2

Philips System One humidifier chamber - dozydave - 11-24-2018

I just received some new supplies for my System One machine including a new water chamber. It came with 2 lids, one clear and one black. What is the clear one for?

RE: Philips System One humidifier chamber - OpalRose - 11-24-2018

Respironics System One Replacement Water Chamber has a universal bottom chamber and has two lids to fit three different styles of humidifiers.

For the PR System One Heated Humidifier, use the Clear Lid. (50 series)
For the PR System One 60 Series Heated Humidifier and PR System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier, use the Gray Lid.

RE: Philips System One humidifier chamber - Homerec130 - 11-25-2018

I have a System One 60 series and use the clear lid. My packaging comes with a clear and a black lid. I think it depends on when the tanks were made on what color lid you got.

In a nutshell, whatever lid fits your machine without forcing it. (Anything can be made to fit if you use enough force).  Too-funny Too-funny

Homer

RE: Philips System One humidifier chamber - OpalRose - 11-25-2018

doydave, Is your machine a 50 series or 60 series?

From the manufacturer:

The PR System One Universal Water Chamber Kit is designed for use with all PR System One Integrated CPAP & BiPAP Heated Humidifiers including both 50 & 60 Series models.

The Universal Kit includes a universal humidifier water chamber bottom and two lids. The clear lid is designed for use with all "50 Series" Heated Humidifiers.

The gray lid is designed for use with all "60 Series" Heated Humidifiers.

The PR System One water chamber can be disassembled for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe. It has a recommended maximum water capacity of 1-1/3 cups (325 ml).

COLOR: With the introduction of the "60 Series of CPAP & BiPAP machines Philips Respironics changed the color of all System One Humidifier Chambers from a clear blue color to a more smoky blue shade. Either color chamber is compatible with all PR System One Heated Humidifiers.

RE: Philips System One humidifier chamber - pholynyk - 11-25-2018

You know, I would have guessed that you use the clear lid if you want to see how much water is in the tank, and the black if you don't care.

But I'm sure OpalRose has the right of it.

(11-25-2018, 08:37 AM)pholynyk Wrote: You know, I would have guessed that you use the clear lid if you want to see how much water is in the tank, and the black if you don't care.

But I'm sure OpalRose has the right of it.

With the Systen one humidifiers, you can’t see into the chamber from the top, because there is another lid from the actual humidifier that closes down over the chamber lid.

You can view the water level from the front of the chamber which is clear. Smile

RE: Philips System One humidifier chamber - dozydave - 11-25-2018

Thanks for all the input. The clear top will not fit my machine so I'm guessing it's made for another version of the humidifier. I have a RemStar Auto with A flex for Canada. (I guess we must breathe differently up here and thus require a different machine Too-funny) No where on the machine does it say model 50 or 60. 

I've been happy with it for the past 3 years but it bugs me that the water level is hard to read unless you take the humidifier tank out each day.

dozydave, look at the bottom of your machine for model numbers.

[attachment=9182]

[attachment=9183]

RE: Philips System One humidifier chamber - Homerec130 - 11-25-2018

Crap, guess I was wrong. I do have a 50 series (SH shows it as a 950P). Learn something new every day. 

Homer

RE: Philips System One humidifier chamber - SarcasticDave94 - 11-26-2018

(11-25-2018, 10:07 PM)Homerec130 Wrote: Crap, guess I was wrong. I do have a 50 series (SH shows it as a 950P). Learn something new every day. 

Homer

I like learning new stuff every day. It helps remind me I'm still alive.

This 2 lid situation may be concluded with the popular phrase "don't flip your lid". But if you do decide to flip your lid, make sure you put the correct one back or it may not fit well.

Coffee