Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? (/Thread-How-to-clean-your-Resmed-AutoSet-10-heated-hose)

How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - Hmm888 - 01-24-2019

Can you immerse the entire heated hose in water even with the special connector? Reading the manual seems to suggest you can?

RE: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - DeepBreathing - 01-24-2019

Yes, I've been immersing the entire hose for years with no problems. I dunk it in a basin of hot soapy water, slosh it back and forth a few times then drain it. I then run very hot clean water through it to flush out the soap, and hang it up to dry.

RE: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - mesenteria - 01-24-2019

Just for a little cheap insurance against oxidation of the connector tabs, the electrical ones on the male end of the hose, I would dab at all their visible surfaces with a Q-Tip dipped in isopropyl alcohol.  It is hydroscopic and will absorb all the water, which, as you probably are aware, is an enabler for oxidation if it is the least bit acidic.  Or, purchase a small can of electrical contact cleaner and give them a short blast once every five or eight cleansings after you have finished rinsing them under water and the water has evaporated apparently.

I have even gone to rubbing the visible contacts with a clean, freshly scrubbed (on your jeans), pencil eraser.  This works wonders to restore contacts on cordless phones as well, BTW.  Even the side of a rubber band will do in a pinch.  The rubber will scrub off oils and contaminants and some of the oxidation, much of which is not always visible.

Again, you needn't do this as often as you swish and rinse the hose.

RE: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - MitchS - 01-24-2019

I completely immerse my hose, slosh the water around in it, dump the water, repeat and then rinse in hot water. I use an air mattress inflater to blow air through the base to dry it out.

RE: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - Big Guy - 01-24-2019

(01-24-2019, 02:18 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Yes, I've been immersing the entire hose for years with no problems. I dunk it in a basin of hot soapy water, slosh it back and forth a few times then drain it. I then run very hot clean water through it to flush out the soap, and hang it up to dry.

^^^^^^ What he said!  Well-done

RE: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - Walla Walla - 01-24-2019

An easier approach is to not wash it at all. I've never found mold or growth in my hoses after I stopped washing them.

RE: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - Big Guy - 01-24-2019

What's the old saying?

An ounce of prevention is worth more than a pound of cure.  Big Grin

RE: How to clean your Resmed AutoSet 10 heated hose? - SarcasticDave94 - 01-24-2019

Clean up time for my CPAP/ASV equipment involves Dawn dish liquid and very warm water. Soaking about half hour. This does include full immersion of the heated hose. Let all parts air dry for 4 hours or more. My cleaning intervals vary a bit, but roughly it's been between monthly and quarterly-ish.

Coffee