Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? (/Thread-Updates-on-Resmed-CPAP-machines)

Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? - Saxon - 01-27-2019

Please, are there any new basic models for Resmed coming out soon, to update the AirSense 10 or is that one fairly new.

Have a couple S9 machines that work perfectly but my GP and insurance like to replace them every five years. I havent needed to for about 7 but since they are pushing for me to get a new one, I am curious if I should wait, if there is a new one on the horizon. 

I use Sleepyhead but the past 2-3 years my ahi is usually 0.00 every night or 00.4 at the most with a pressure setting of 8.

RE: Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? - Gideon - 01-27-2019

There is nothing new on the horizon that I have heard about.
IMHO the best CPAP on the market right now is the Airsense 10 AutoSet or AutoSet for Her.  It provides the most flexibility for Obstructive Sleep Apnea.

Fred

RE: Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? - Saxon - 01-27-2019

I agree that the autoset models are the best.

I have an S9 autoset and a second S9 that is a lesser model although I have used the Autoset more. The other one is just a back up in another bedroom with a TV I sometimes fall alseep in. It works as well but yes I prefer being able to track my chart in Sleepyhead every once in a while to ensure there have not been any changes.

I guess that Airsense 10 is the model I will take. Thank you.

RE: Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? - Dog Slobber - 01-27-2019

Given that you use SleepyHead, should a new ResMed model be released this year there is some probability that it won't work with SleepyHead.

AirSense 10 AutoSet is the right move.

Wouldn't Sleepyhead update their software to accomodate a new ResMed model?

If that were to be the case, I would rather wait for a new model if one is going to be released within the next couple of months.
I'm not in a rush for a new machine. Both of mine work perfectly.

I will go with AirSense 10 Autoset otherwise but as I might not ever need a new machine, or at least a new one for another 7 years, I was hoping to get the latest model.
That was all.

RE: Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? - Gideon - 01-27-2019

Sleepyhead will update, the question is how long will it take the volunteers.  The answer is what did ResMed do to change the data format, or the data media for that mater.

Good point, that it will take time.

Thanks for all of the information.
My numbers havent been higher than 0.00 or 0.04 in a year and a half so I could afford to wait for an update if that were the case.

I have the needed information to make the right choice in the very near future.

...Should add I purchased 2 machines in the past and they came out with a new one 2 months later.

RE: Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? - Fats Drywaller - 01-29-2019

(01-27-2019, 08:06 PM)Saxon Wrote: ...Should add I purchased 2 machines in the past and they came out with a new one 2 months later.

Bummer! Don't you hate it when that happens? Sad

The "Airsense 10 Autoset for Her" was mentioned earlier, but something that might not be apparent is that it's also for him, not just for her. It has the same retail price as the vanilla (oops, I mean charcoal) Airsense 10 Autoset model. An explanation of the difference is in this post by Sleeprider a few months ago:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-Resmed-Airsense-10-Autoset-vs-For-Her-model?pid=274439#pid274439

RE: Updates on Resmed CPAP machines? - Saxon - 01-29-2019

Good to know for I wasn't aware of the differences between the for him or for her model, so for her it is.

Could have done without the flowers though but I've seen worse!