Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Pressure] AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Pressure] AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure (/Thread-Pressure-AirCurve10-vauto-s-Lowering-pressure)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure - Sleeprider - 01-28-2019

We can't see what you see.  Does the machine have the words Aircurve 10 and vauto near the bottom-right near near the humidifier tray? Or, is there an S in a square below the word Aircurve 10?  Fred's images probably say it best.  If you highlight the Mode and click the control knob, you should be able to scroll to the options for, CPAP, S and Vauto. You must select Vauto by highlighting it and clicking the control knob. If that mode is not changed, then you are still in a fixed pressure mode.

[Image: vauto_2__05698.1544223565.jpg?c=2?imbypass=on]

RE: AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure - babag1 - 01-28-2019

Fred- I went into the clinical area that you showed me how. Yes, it said the Mode was S and I really don't want to change that. I'm afraid I will be getting into a worse situation besides the leak that his mask is causing him at such high pressure. I made a mistake last night and changed his Epap to 12 down from 18.(ha, his mask did not leak and you will probably know why) I shouldn't have done that and his AHI went all the way up to 60. Before that bad change I made, all his numbers were great and AHI was only like 0.3 . I conversed with Sleepwalker and not knowing what mode the machine was in, I changed the EPap way down to 12. Not a good move on my part.

Leaving the machine in S mode, I have now changed his Ipap to 21 down from 22 and his EPap to 17 down from 18 as you said to try earlier. I will see what his numbers are tomorrow morning. Hoping for now it may help with mask leaks with just this small change and his numbers might just stay good again.

If these changes don't work very well, perhaps a smaller mask like Sleepwalker suggested might help with pressures.

babag1

(01-28-2019, 12:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We can't see what you see.  Does the machine have the words Aircurve 10 and vauto near the bottom-right near near the humidifier tray? Or, is there an S in a square below the word Aircurve 10?  Fred's images probably say it best.  If you highlight the Mode and click the control knob, you should be able to scroll to the options for, CPAP, S and Vauto. You must select Vauto by highlighting it and clicking the control knob. If that mode is not changed, then you are still in a fixed pressure mode.

Be sure to see the time of my last email to what change I just made. Bottom right near the humidifier says Vauto. When I go into the clinical menu, it says "Mode S". Am I supposed to change that "Mode S" to Mode Vauto on the clinical menu?  and then reduce the EPap from 18 to 17 and the IPap from 22 to 21?

babag1

RE: AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure - Gideon - 01-28-2019

(01-28-2019, 12:25 PM)babag1 Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 12:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We can't see what you see.  Does the machine have the words Aircurve 10 and vauto near the bottom-right near near the humidifier tray? Or, is there an S in a square below the word Aircurve 10?  Fred's images probably say it best.  If you highlight the Mode and click the control knob, you should be able to scroll to the options for, CPAP, S and Vauto. You must select Vauto by highlighting it and clicking the control knob. If that mode is not changed, then you are still in a fixed pressure mode.

Be sure to see the time of my last email to what change I just made. Bottom right near the humidifier says Vauto. When I go into the clinical menu, it says "Mode S". Am I supposed to change that "Mode S" to Mode Vauto on the clinical menu?  and then reduce the EPap from 18 to 17 and the IPap from 22 to 21?

babag1
For that change "reduce the EPap from 18 to 17 and the IPap from 22 to 21" you want "S" mode.
Set to EPAP 12 is ONLY for VAUTO mode.  That was last nights mistake.

(01-28-2019, 12:45 PM)bonjour Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 12:25 PM)babag1 Wrote:

babag1
For that change "reduce the EPap from 18 to 17 and the IPap from 22 to 21" you want "S" mode.
Set to EPAP 12 is ONLY for VAUTO mode.  That was last nights mistake.
Gotcha, and that is what I just did. Keeping the Mode to S. 

I swear I could confuse and talk a dead horse to running into the Kentucky Derby. 

Thanks babag1. 

Keeping S mode changes everything. I'm sure your husband's AHI was nearly 100% central apnea from the 10 cm pressure support. If I ever give an instruction on settings, it does not mean to do part of it. Using auto mode and the pressure support was to keep the therapy equivalent and use the auto-pressure feature of the machine to intelligently meet your husband's needs while trying to evaluate lower pressures. I am a careful person in the suggestions I make in therapy but your partial implementation of the instruction, changing only the EPAP was dangerous.

There is no risk in using the auto feature, and you won't get in trouble. Trust me, it's a lot better than what you did. I'm sorry for being so harsh, but you are the first peron in over 12,000 posts I have made that has misconstrued settings so badly. I'm not happy with that, and am leaving you in Fred's capable and patient hands.

(01-28-2019, 04:29 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Keeping S mode changes everything. I'm sure your husband's AHI was nearly 100% central apnea from the 10 cm pressure support.  If I ever give an instruction on settings, it does not mean to do part of it.  Using auto mode and the pressure support was to keep the therapy equivalent and use the auto-pressure feature of the machine to intelligently meet your husband's needs while trying to evaluate lower pressures.  I am a careful person in the suggestions I make in therapy but your partial implementation of the instruction, changing only the EPAP was dangerous.  

There is no risk in using the auto feature, and you won't get in trouble. Trust me, it's a lot better than what you did.  I'm sorry for being so harsh, but you are the first peron in over 12,000 posts I have made that has misconstrued settings so badly.  I'm not happy with that, and am leaving you in Fred's capable and patient hands.

Oh-jeez Sorry for my kindergarten understanding. I did not understand "modes" and now I do out of 12,000 posts that did.  Seems like in my first post I looked at the clinical screen, I wrote "Mode s"  among other settings although I really didn't know what they meant or what I could safely change. I really only thought I could change the Ipap and Epap numbers and be done.  I was wrong by writing what the top was printed on the machine ie: "AirCurve 10 Vauto, S, and St because it didn't tell me much at the time and then patient Fred came down to my level of understanding after he tiredly read thru all the posts.  

I am 110% impressed more than you know. Maybe if the subject was Gardening, I would have understood more. My husband is blind and I thought I could do everything for him. I made a mistake. I am not without errors. 

Thru all of this, I do now understand the difference between the modes and how the number levels affect each. 

My true gratitude, 
 babag1

Babag1, please know I want nothing but success for you and your husband. Somehow, I'm not the best one to communicate with your, and Fred is excellent at this and is taking a simpler approach. I just don't want to take the chance that your husband does not get exactly what we intend. I have no doubt you are going to get there and your understanding will increase as you work with Fred on this. I may have gone too quickly and did not verify your understanding of the instruction...my bad.

Bigwink

-babag1

RE: AirCurve10 vauto s- Lowering pressure - babag1 - 01-29-2019

Thanks Thank you both for helping. 0.1 AHI events on 1/28/2019 and very little unnoticed mask leaks. Have a great day. 

-babag1