Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed AirSense10 Woes - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed AirSense10 Woes (/Thread-ResMed-AirSense10-Woes)

ResMed AirSense10 Woes - onyxdragun - 02-19-2019

I have mentioned previously that I was having issues with my CPAP machine.

Background:

Some days my CPAP works flawlessly and I sleep properly - Min starts at 6 and my max is 10
Then other days, I fight to fall asleep because I'm air starved (or thats what it seems like).

What I have found to be the only physical difference between a good night and a bad night is that when I turn off the CPAP machine in the morning after a good night, there is that void of air (or pressure difference) from the nose pillows.  On a bad night, when I turn off the machine (because I'm fed up with it..) there is no void or air pressure difference, almost like it wasn't even on even though it's reporting as being at level 6 (and I've given it like 15-20mins to ensure ramp up pressure).

I had an appointment somewhat recently with my RT and she does not understand what I am trying to explain. According to her and ResMed (she called tech support), the machine is operating correctly - she did a pressure check, and no error codes have been thrown. Makes me think she's never used it herself.

Recently, I went traveling with the family for a few days and I brought along with me the ResMed Air Mini unit. It worked each of the 3 nights we were gone as expected (same settings as my home unit). I understand that it works slightly differently as it will draw in air from the humidifier filter thing which is why the RT says I don't have the same issue with being air starved.

But I went back to the AirSense 10 and still have the issue of what I guess is air starvation? I used the ResMed Air Mini last night (after trying the home unit for a couple nights) and slept 7 hours straight with no issues.

What can I do differently? Would it help if I tried to use the AirSense10 for a couple nights to get more data and then post the chart? See if anyone here can spot something odd with the reporting?
Is there a way to pull of the similar data from the ResMed Air Mini? I see that it only works via Bluetooth, but it be nice if there was a way to pull more data from that unit too.

RE: ResMed AirSense10 Woes - Dog Slobber - 02-19-2019

I know this doesn't explain why the AirMini is working for you but I would try the following.

Try moving up a size in the Nasal Pillows. I've seen a few people comment that smaller sized pillows don't give the same flow as larger ones do and they seem more sensitive to placement.

Increase your minimum pressure. A common complaint of low pressure is the feeling of not getting enough air.

As I've become used to CPAP, I've bumped my Ramp from 7 to 9. Just feel's like I'm getting more air.