Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] awful results - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] awful results (/Thread-Treatment-awful-results)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

awful results - Sabee - 02-23-2019

[attachment=10403]
Hi, 
I used a cpap for a couple of months 5 years ago and gave in.  The mask was always waking me up with air blowing in my eye and everywhere.  Now that I find myself with some health issues, (ex. hypertension) and reading things about Alzheimer and all I try again.  
Since last november I have the Air fit N20 from Resmed and leaks are ok. But my results are awful.  My respiratory therapist (who sold me the RESMED 10 auto for her) looks at her software and tells me all is ok.  I don't understand.  I have nothing below 10 events an hour and often up to 17 and 19.   I'm often awaken when the pressure is above 13 (5-14).  I join my last night chart, if you can explain what can be the problem, I'll be so happy,

Thanks

Sabee

RE: awful results - Gideon - 02-23-2019

A couple of improvements to your chart, remove both the Pie Chart and the Calender, That will allow your settings to show.

Your events are clustered, that frequently means that your chin is dropping or tucking when you sleep.  Many users have found that a loose fitting soft cervical collar or an anit-snoring collar prevent this and make large improvements in their numbers.

You have what appears to be about 50% central apnea.  This is treated/avoided on a CPAP or APAP by minimizing pressure variations and/or reducing pressure.
I suggest that you reduce your EPR by 1 to see how this helps.  Your flow limitations are low so this looks like a good option to try

RE: awful results - Sleeprider - 02-23-2019

I'm in agreement with Fred. At 5-14 pressure with EPR 3, you have most of your central events after pressure climbs above 11.0. EPR can create more CA events in some individuals, so there are a couple adjustments I would suggest. I think you need higher minimum pressure, so try a minimum pressure of 6.0, maximum pressure 10.0 and EPR 1 or 2. We want you to be comfortable, but reducing EPR may reduce CA events. A soft cervical collar may help as described in the Optimizing Therapy Wiki in the positional apnea section. A link is in my signature.

RE: awful results - A KLERK - 02-23-2019

(02-23-2019, 09:48 AM)Sabee Wrote: ...  I join my last night chart, if you can explain what can be the problem...

I see that the text next to the graphs is too big to see what it says. Indeed in French more text is needed to translate from English. But don't worry: there is a good way to make it visible.
In the menu choose Fichier / Préférences
In the new window choose Apparence
In the bottom one can choose in Détails the Taille for the Titres de Graphiques.
Set it to 10 instead of 14
Everything will fit now Smile

Bonjour de la Hollande et au revoir...

RE: awful results - Sabee - 02-24-2019

Than you so much.  My respiratory therapist never told me a single thing about that.  I rearranged my charts though to fit your suggestion.  

Sabee

(02-23-2019, 01:29 PM)A KLERK Wrote:
(02-23-2019, 09:48 AM)Sabee Wrote: ...  I join my last night chart, if you can explain what can be the problem...

I see that the text next to the graphs is too big to see what it says. Indeed in French more text is needed to translate from English. But don't worry: there is a good way to make it visible.
In the bottom one can choose in Détails the Taille for the Titres de Graphiques.

Thank you to la Hollande  Smile

RE: awful results - Sabee - 02-24-2019

Thanks Thanks Thanks

RE: awful results - Sleeprider - 02-24-2019

Looking at your Sleepyhead charts, the events are clustered. There are long periods of good results followed by a cluster of apnea at relatively high pressure. Read this article that is based on forum members that had the same problem, but then tried a soft cervical collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Optimizing_therapy#Positional_Apnea As you can see, a soft collar can stabilize pressures and greatly reduce events.

RE: awful results - A KLERK - 02-24-2019

(02-24-2019, 09:11 AM)Sabee Wrote: Than you so much.  My respiratory therapist never told me a single thing about that.  I rearranged my charts though to fit your suggestion.  

Sabee

(02-23-2019, 01:29 PM)A KLERK Wrote:

Thank you to la Hollande  Smile

Ehhh... I see no difference in the attached file??? Sad

RE: awful results - Sabee - 02-25-2019

(02-23-2019, 12:42 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: I'm in agreement with Fred. At 5-14 pressure with EPR 3, you have most of your central events after pressure climbs above 11.0.  EPR can create more CA events in some individuals, so there are a couple adjustments I would suggest.  I think you need higher minimum pressure, so try a minimum pressure of 6.0, maximum pressure 10.0 and EPR 1 or 2.  We want you to be comfortable, but reducing EPR may reduce CA events.  A soft cervical collar may help as described in the Optimizing Therapy Wiki in the positional apnea section. A link is in my signature.

So, I changed my settings.  Pressure 6-10 and EPR 2.  I bought the collar today and will try it with PR 6-10 and EPR 1. 
My question is about RERA which I had in my last night chart.  Only two.  But is there something I did wrong?  Is it something that will be fixed by the collar too?

Thank you,
Sabee

RE: awful results - mesenteria - 02-25-2019

"...is there something I did wrong?..

Thank you,
Sabee

You did nothing 'wrong.'  Each night is different, with different events, durations, and even their frequency.  There will be some variation from night-to-night.  No need to worry unduly.