Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed AirFit F30 mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed AirFit F30 mask (/Thread-ResMed-AirFit-F30-mask)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed AirFit F30 mask - Big Guy - 02-26-2019

I have a follow-up appt. with my sleep doctor this coming Thursday. While there, I intend to ask him about the ResMed F30 mask. 

I seem to being doing okay with my AirFit F20, but the F30 appeals to me. It's the only other mask that I would consider trying out.

After getting his feedback, I'm thinking about asking him for a script to obtain one. Is there anything specific that I should know before my appointment? Does the mask come complete? That is to say, the mask, pillow, and headgear. Does the script need to state a complete mask? 

I have confidence in my sleep doc, but I wanted to touch base with this forum as well. I don't want to go to all the trouble and order one, only to have it show up incomplete. 

I cannot breath thru my nose adequately. I need a FFM. The AirFit F30 looks as if it might be an additional good option for me. 

TIA!

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - Melman - 02-26-2019

I assume you already have a prescription for replacement supplies including masks. There is no need for a script for a specific mask. I have changed masks several times without a specific script. You just need to be sure you are eligible for a replacement mask based on your insurance coverage. I don't believe most insurers will pay for replacements more frequently than every 3 months. There are probably sizing issues. You can probably go to the Resmed site and print a sizing template. It may come in small, medium, and large sizes. I would be surprised if your doctor knows much about specific masks but maybe he's the exception.

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - Big Guy - 02-26-2019

Thanks for the response. I do have a script for sleep apnea supplies. I can contact my DME supplier and ask them about changing masks the next time I'm due for a replacement. 

I may not be due for a month or two, but that's okay with me. At least I can give them a heads-up and request the F30. 

Thanks again!

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - yankees123 - 02-26-2019

The f30 comes in only 2 sizes,small and medium.

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - car54 - 02-26-2019

I  have been using that mask since it has come out. It is working very well for me and is comfortable. I have tried all the other full face hybrid masks and all have failed.

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - Big Guy - 02-27-2019

Well......that was easy enough. I contacted my DME online via chat mode, and requested a ResMed AirFit F30 (Medium) mask. It will come as a complete mask, with extra pillows. 

I was told that I'm due some supplies for my AirSense AutoSet 10 and F20 mask, and if I still wanted them? I replied yes. I was also told that the F30 mask cannot be returned if the package is opened, or if I don't like it. I was aware of that and don't have any issues with it. 

I'm well stocked up on F20 mask supplies already, and will be even more so in the near future. 

Anyways, I'm curious to try the AirFit F30 mask. I'm hoping that it will be even more comfortable than my AirFit F20.

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - 217manor - 02-27-2019

Hi, I have not used the F30 mask but the reviews that I have read are very positive. For the last 12 months I have used a Resmed P10 with a Sleeptight Chin Strap and I have to put tape across my mouth because I often open my mouth and allow air to escape. I am not happy with this arrangement but have tried unsuccessfully a number of other masks. I am a side sleeper and full face masks tend to leak when I lay on my side.
However the F30 looks small and it could work for me but I would, like yourself, appreciate hearing  from anyone that uses the F30 and sleeps on their side.

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - car54 - 02-27-2019

I am a side sleeper and the F30 has been good with that. It took me a while to dial it in. The head strap has 3 adjustment locations. A lower one that attaches to the mask that pulls it towards the face. An upper one on the mask that angle towards your ears that adjusts it to the face and up towards your nostrils. The 3rd point is on top of the head band that pulls the mask to your nostrils. All 3 of these properly adjusted has provided me with a mask with a low leak rate and is comfortable.

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - Big Guy - 02-27-2019

I'm a side sleeper as well, and my current AirFit F20 mask does a good job. It helps to have a pillow that is thick enough so that you can build a nest of sorts, for your head to rest in. 

Once my wife told me to try a thicker pillow, all was pretty good. Prior to being diagnosed with sleep apnea, my pillow was more or less, flat. It drove my wife crazy. How you can sleep on that thing, she'd ask? She uses a My Pillow. 

And, there's a sweet spot in regards to the head straps being adjusted just right, to insure a good mask seal. I thought tighter would be better. it wasn't! 

Anyways, if the F30 mask doesn't work out, I'll just go back to the F20 and do fine.

RE: ResMed AirFit F30 mask - nadprok - 02-27-2019

I have been using the ResMed Airfit F30 mask for 2 months now . I previously used the Amara View with very good results .
 Since the Airfir F30 was similar to the Amara View I decided to try it . I really like the F30 . I am a side sleeper and it works well for me .
The one thing I don't understand is why my AHI has been cut in half with the F30 . With the Amara View I had an average AHI of 1.2 but with the F30 My AHI has averaged 0.5 for the last 2 months .  I think I will stick with the F30 .