Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
How LONG have you been on CPAP? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: How LONG have you been on CPAP? (/Thread-How-LONG-have-you-been-on-CPAP)

Pages: 1 2 3

How LONG have you been on CPAP? - SuperSleeper - 02-26-2019

Okay, inquiring minds want to know... approximately how many years have you been on CPAP?

Please take the POLL and we'll see if we can find some folks around here to win distinct honor of being on CPAP for a VERY long period of time!

For this poll, please select the number of years that comes closest to the actual time you've been on CPAP.

If there have been substantial periods of time when you did not use your CPAP machine, please subtract those years or months from your total number of years.

Okay, I'll go first...

I've been on CPAP since 2004, so I currently have about 15 years of non-stop CPAP use under my belt.  I've never had even one night where I wasn't connected to my machine.

After you vote, feel free to comment below...

HOW ABOUT YOU??  Take the POLL and let's find out!

Eat-popcorn

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - Crimson Nape - 02-26-2019

Showoff! I'm coming up on 5 years.

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - Gideon - 02-26-2019

but that is already published here

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - mesenteria - 02-27-2019

I expect the distribution to be bi-modal because my expectation is that at least half of those who might participate are newcomers who are trying to learn or get help, and then they drift away.  The second modal 'lump' will comprise the hangers-on and helpers, plus monitors and admin, who like to help and who enjoy participating for other reasons.  At this early stage, it looks like I may be right.

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - MitchS - 02-27-2019

Every night except 1 for just over 3 years.

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - SleeplessinPgh - 02-27-2019

I've missed two nights over my 3+ years on CPAP.  Consider me a happy hanger-on. Dreaming

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - KobeT - 02-27-2019

I have been on CPAP for 12 years and haven't missed a night. I just recently joined the forum as I had a brick before and never followed up with any sleep doctors.

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - OpalRose - 02-27-2019

Started in October 2014, so it will be 5 years this October.  

I have never missed a day.  I use it every night, whether away or home and use it for naps.   Smile

Can’t imagine being without.

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - Gideon - 02-27-2019

I missed 2 days, the first was a camping trip where an external power supply failed on me.  The second was a second Diagnostic study that was supposed to be a split but I didn't sleep long enough, 118 minutes of the 2 hours required for a valid diagnostic before the titration started.

RE: How LONG have you been on CPAP? - djont57 - 02-27-2019

My 1 yr anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks!