Apnea Board Forum
Ramp time - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Ramp time (/Thread-Ramp-time--24501)

Ramp time - Big Guy - 03-14-2019

I have mine set on auto. Is there any benefit to setting it any differently? 

I've tried in the past and set it @ 15 min. I've also tried 30 min. To me, I couldn't tell any benefit. It usually takes me at least 30 min. before I fall asleep. 

Am I focusing on something that I don't need to?  Dont-know

RE: Ramp time - OpalRose - 03-14-2019

You really don’t need to use ramp when starting at a low pressure. Have you tried turning it off?
Just start with your minimum pressure of 6cm. I bet you won’t even miss the ramp setting.

RE: Ramp time - Big Guy - 03-14-2019

(03-14-2019, 02:00 PM)OpalRose Wrote: You really don’t need to use ramp when starting at a low pressure.  Have you tried turning it off?  
Just start with your minimum pressure of 6cm.  I bet you won’t even miss the ramp setting.

I'll give that a try. Thanks for the response.

RE: Ramp time - Hydrangea - 03-16-2019

I only used ramp for my first couple of weeks. Once I adjusted to having a stream of air in my breathway, I no longer needed ramp.

RE: Ramp time - Big Guy - 03-16-2019

I turned the ramp feature off last night. Not a good move for me. Too much air, too soon! 

I did though, leave it off the duration of the night. I wanted to give it a good try. My AHI this morning was 2.7. It hasn't been that high for quite some time. For me, 1.5 or under is the norm. 

At least I tried it and found out that it was uncomfortable. I'm going back to auto ramp.  Sleep-on-pillow

RE: Ramp time - stanleydean - 03-16-2019

Hi Big Guy, if it's working for you that's a good thing. I personally do not use ramp and that works fine for me.

Regards,

Stan

(03-16-2019, 12:28 PM)stanleydean Wrote: Hi Big Guy, if it's working for you that's a good thing. I personally do not use ramp and that works fine for me.

Regards,

Stan

Yeah.....I'm still new to all of this and I'm finding my way as I go along. So far, it's been a pretty good journey. No real complaints as of yet.

RE: Ramp time - Sleepster - 03-16-2019

(03-16-2019, 10:51 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm going back to auto ramp.  Sleep-on-pillow

You can adjust the autoramp to start at any pressure. Eventually you can adjust it upwards until perhaps you no longer need it. It's a comfort feature so if it makes you more comfortable by all means use it.

(03-16-2019, 09:48 PM)Sleepster Wrote:
(03-16-2019, 10:51 AM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm going back to auto ramp.  Sleep-on-pillow

You can adjust the autoramp to start at any pressure. Eventually you can adjust it upwards until perhaps you no longer need it. It's a comfort feature so if it makes you more comfortable by all means use it.

Good to know. Thanks!