Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? (/Thread-Resmed-Airfit-F30-Only-one-frame-size)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - Big Guy - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 05:24 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Ah, makes sense.

I have to let the F20 ride high on my nose, because otherwise it pinches my nose shut and I can't breathe well.  (I do have a wide nose.) I don't love that the top part encroaches on my eyes & eyelashes.  (Yet this is my preferred mask for now.)

The F20 definitely solves that problem, but it creates a different situation by having to be snugged up against the base of the nose.  

You'll experiment, and figure out what you like.  And I'll be very interested in hearing your thoughts!  (I'm on the quest for a better mask... mainly because I am wanting more minimal headgear.)

Yes, my AirFit F20 mask comes very close to my eyes. I've gotten use to that, but I would prefer something that didn't. The AirFit F30 is the only thing so far, that I can see possibly working better for me.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - Boodmaster - 03-18-2019

I switch pretty regularly between the F20 (fit, not touch) the DreamWear and the F30. I have to shave for the f30, but it’s great. As was mentoned, you do have to pull it ‘up’ to your nose. It’s def tighter around the lips, at first I hated it. But then I realized that for me, at least, it’s almost like a nasal mask that allows me to have my mouth slightly open if I need to. At first I felt and sometimes still feel like it kinda closes off my nose, pinches it a bit, but as soon as the air is flowing it’s great. I do have to wear this one pretty tight to get a good seal, but man it’s good. Leaks are practically non existent for me.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - sldobbins - 04-03-2019

I have a problem with the f30 moving and blocking the air to my nose. does anyone else have that problem. I too have to wear the f20 high on my nose or it pinches and cuts the air off as well.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - Hydrangea - 04-03-2019

I have that problem. I've considered cutting the nose air holes larger.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - sldobbins - 04-04-2019

I've considered that too, but I didn't want to ruin the mask...Maybe I'll try it.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - Boodmaster - 04-06-2019

ditto. I have to keep the mask super tight for it to work properly, but if it gets shifted I’m screwed. It keeps my mouth shut, so if my nose gets misaligned, forget it. I, too, thought about cutting the holes a bit bigger.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - nevermind - 04-06-2019

Same here: the holes must be perfectly aligned with my nose, or else the airflow is seriously obstructed. Anyone here who can confirm that the mask does not fall apart after cutting the holes bigger?  Smile

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - st8800 - 04-06-2019

I just got the F30, tried for a few days. I feel it doesn't need to be as tight as the Amara View to get a decent seal. I like it. 

However, airway do get block at times as described. `Wondering why the holes are soooo small..... Oh-jeez

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - sldobbins - 04-07-2019

I just actually switched to the small instead of the medium and it works fine.  When printing out the template to fit I fell right on the edge of both the medium and small.

RE: Resmed Airfit F30: Only one frame size? - garryfranklin - 04-10-2019

Good luck with the f30.  I sleep on my side and found that when using the f30 I had to feed the tubing under my pillow. If you have it suspended above the headboard as with the F10 there is an upward pressure on the nose - you wake up with a slight pain in the schnoz.  Also found the straps adjustment had to be precise to prevent leakage and maintain comfort. I still rely on my F10