Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) [older version] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) [older version] (/Thread-EncorePro-2-23-for-Windows-Clients-only-older-version)

Pages: 1 2

EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) [older version] - SuperSleeper - 03-21-2019

Quote:
NOTE:  As of December 2019 there is a newer version of Encorepro available now.
Instructions on how to get the newest EncorePro here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...hines-only

There is now a new version of the EncorePro software (new version released March 2019).

(note: this software will work for Philips-Respironics brand CPAP machines only.  If you have a Philips-Respironics DreamStation machine, although you can use this software, we recommend using the SleepyHead software instead.  If you have an older 50 or 60-series Philips-Respironics machine, we recommend you download EncoreBasic or SleepyHead.

Previously, there were two versions of EncorePro (one for 32 bit and one for 64 bit Windows computers).  This one installation file works for both 32 and 64 bit systems.

(note:  this is the "client" version for one PC only - it is not the full server version for sleep centers who manage numerous patients)

If you'd like the download link for EncorePro version 2.23, please see the following thread in our Private Files & Links area for instructions:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-EncorePro-2-23-Software-Download-Link-for-PR-DreamStation-machines-only

[Note: You will need to be logged into your forum account to access the above link.  If you need to register for a free forum account, click here]

RE: New EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) - ruthcatrin - 03-23-2019

I am unable to get this install to work. If I understand the instructions correctly I should be choosing the "typical" install, but this will not allow me to choose that option, its greyed out. It only allows me to choose advanced. So I said ok, and then it requires me to pick the server that the install is based from, and won't take no for an answer. I've tried it twice now and I'm pretty sure that I'm not missing anything TO obvious.

RE: New EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) - SuperSleeper - 03-23-2019

(03-23-2019, 09:33 AM)ruthcatrin Wrote: I am unable to get this install to work.  If I understand the instructions correctly I should be choosing the "typical" install, but this will not allow me to choose that option, its greyed out.  It only allows me to choose advanced.  So I said ok, and then it requires me to pick the server that the install is based from, and won't take no for an answer.  I've tried it twice now and I'm pretty sure that I'm not missing anything TO obvious.

Can anyone else chime in on this?  Have you successfully installed and run EncorePro 2.23? 

Anyone?

My primary PC is running Linux, so I can't easily test it.

RE: New EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) - jaswilliams - 03-23-2019

I am currently running the install, what a beast of an application....

First you need to install The following software first
Microsoft SQL Server Express (I went for version 17)
Microsoft SQL Server Management Suite

Then reed the Installation manual and configure the following on the MSSQL Server
Filestream Support
Filestream Full Access
Mixed Mode Authentication

Then once you have done that then you need to run the EP2.3 Installer, Select a custom install (as That's your only choice) in the Server location select your instance on MSSQL just installed

But the install does work.

It did the auto install of the MS NET Framework. I guess I missed that about needing the SQL server software. But at least its not just me who can't do the "typical" install! Will see if I can get it running tomorrow.

RE: New EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) - SuperSleeper - 03-23-2019

EncorePro has always been "use only if you absolutely MUST use it and there's no other reasonable alternatives".

Bloatware at it's best.   Oh-jeez

I'm starting to think its not worth the headache, thats for sure!

RE: New EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) - SuperSleeper - 03-24-2019

(03-23-2019, 07:47 PM)ruthcatrin Wrote: I'm starting to think its not worth the headache, thats for sure!

I agree... if you don't absolutely need EncorePro, then go with something else for sure.   Happy Eyes

We just make it available for those who can't use anything else.

RE: New EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) - eilander - 04-21-2019

Hello

I wrote the prescription to the sdcard but the philips dreamstation doesn't seem to load it, does anyone know if there is a way to force that?

RE: New EncorePro 2.23 (for Windows Clients only) - jaswilliams - 04-21-2019

Just use the controls of the machine to set your settings get the clinical manual from the links at the top of the page to learn how