Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Software for BMC RESmart G II APAP? OSCAR / SH? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Software for BMC RESmart G II APAP? OSCAR / SH? (/Thread-Software-for-BMC-RESmart-G-II-APAP-OSCAR-SH)

Software for BMC RESmart G II APAP? OSCAR / SH? - macleodal - 03-23-2019

Hi Folks,

Does anyone have or know of a recent version of software that will allow me to read data from the SD card on my machine (as above)?

I looked up SleepHeady (also OSCAR), doesn't look like BMC machines are supported. Not mine anyway. I have found on this forum some very old RESmart software, which kind-of works but doesn't appear to allow a one-day / time-series view (you can view e.g. AHI tabulated over seven days, but not events per hour for one night). It also has that "look" of old software so I have a hunch the download is at least five years old.

It appears I cannot get from the manufacturer since I am a patient not a practitioner.. aargh.. I'm new to this but it's not clear to me why the world would think I should not be entitled to look at my own data! I guess I'm preaching to the choir here, this must have been the motivation behind SleepyHead in the first place I guess.

Anyhow. If anyone can help me with suitable software - would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alastair

RE: Software for BMC RESmart G II APAP? OSCAR / SleepyHead? - sleepizen - 07-30-2019

I also have a RESmart and wonder if there is a way to download the data to a tool like OSCAR, but am in the market for a new machine because my RESmart Auto (which I found at a bargain basement price) seems to have a lot of design defects and I feel like I am sleepy during the day a lot. So it's probably not working well for me.

RE: Software for BMC RESmart G II APAP? OSCAR / SleepyHead? - SuperSleeper - 07-30-2019

(03-23-2019, 07:00 AM)macleodal Wrote: I have found on this forum some very old RESmart software, which kind-of works but doesn't appear to allow a one-day / time-series view (you can view e.g. AHI tabulated over seven days, but not events per hour for one night). It also has that "look" of old software so I have a hunch the download is at least five years old.

Not sure if you're aware or not, but since your original post, we've uploaded a newer version of the RESmart software (version 3.6.1.0000).

For more info, go here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-BMC-3B-RESmart-Software-for-Windows-Only

RE: Software for BMC RESmart G II APAP? OSCAR / SleepyHead? - dwd1249 - 07-30-2019

(07-30-2019, 12:14 PM)sleepizen Wrote: I also have a RESmart and wonder if there is a way to download the data to a tool like OSCAR, but am in the market for a new machine because my RESmart Auto (which I found at a bargain basement price) seems to have a lot of design defects and I feel like I am sleepy during the day a lot. So it's probably not working well for me.

When I had my old Resmart it kept my pressure around 8-9 cm. My sleep doctor told me he had no patient my size (38 bmi) on less then 10 cm . Did a overnight test and it was 14cm to control may apnea. Set machine to 14 fixed and all good. Resmart machine died for a second time and out of warranty so got a Resmed 10 auto all good now.

RE: Software for BMC RESmart G II APAP? OSCAR / SleepyHead? - sleepizen - 07-31-2019

(07-30-2019, 06:29 PM)dwd1249 Wrote:
(07-30-2019, 12:14 PM)sleepizen Wrote: I also have a RESmart and wonder if there is a way to download the data to a tool like OSCAR, but am in the market for a new machine because my RESmart Auto (which I found at a bargain basement price) seems to have a lot of design defects and I feel like I am sleepy during the day a lot. So it's probably not working well for me.

When I had my old Resmart it kept my pressure around 8-9 cm. My sleep doctor told me he had no patient my size (38 bmi) on less then 10 cm . Did a overnight test and it was 14cm to control may apnea. Set machine to 14 fixed and all good. Resmart machine died for a second time and out of warranty so got a Resmed 10 auto all good now.

Thank you for that info dwd1249 I am also kind of heavy, so might give 14cm that a try to hold me over until I can get a better machine. Right now I have it set to 11, and my original prescription from 2013 sleep study was 10.  That is clearly not working for me though.

I am not sure if my AirTouch F20 mask will handle that amount of pressure (14), though. I already have trouble with getting woken up by leakage, and have to wear the straps uncomfortably tight.