Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask (/Thread-Just-bought-a-Philips-DreamWear-nasal-mask)

Pages: 1 2

Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - harre - 03-24-2019

Was at a yearly meeting at the local apnea patient union and Philips had a booth where they demoed their products.

I tried out their DreamWear nasal mask and fell in love directly.

I have been a bit unhappy with my current Resmed Mirage FX nasal mask as I think it is leaking too much at times, I seem to have some episodes during night lying on stomach and it will leak massively at those times. I also get dry irritated eyes of all air blowing in my eyes.

First night with my DreamWear I had quite a lot of leaks if I just lied on side, but then in the middle of the night I fastened the strap a bit and it got a perfect seal.

Last night I even had 0 in leaks and in SleepyHead I had just one little spot where there was some leaks registered.

I feel now that the pressure feels quite a bit stronger with this mask and I'm thinking of lowering the min value of 8.2, I'll try out some more nights and evaluate on how it feels.

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - Sleep2Snore - 03-24-2019

Hi Jarre,
If you like it that's good. Not everyone gets on with the same mask, model or type. That is why it so hard to recommend a mask to anyone as they are not cheap to start with. Everyone has a facial shape different from others and one mask fits all.
Glad you found one that is good for you. Have a nice sleep.

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - DaveL - 03-25-2019

Glad you are enjoying your new mask. I have had 2 or 3. I ended up adapting the headgear to make the mask more stable and prevent leaks. I kept my old headgear and added the lower velcro attached strap as a second strap at the base of my scalp. It seemed to help.
I moved on to a ResMed nasal mask.
The DreamWear seems such a simple mask. It was recently copied by ResMed I think...

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - sjssf - 04-29-2019

I was looking forward to this but I can't quite get on board.
It's fine if I'm on my back but it leaks like crazy on my side. I tried tightening the straps but then my nose started hurting. Clearly, it was too much.
I was thinking I'd try the nose pillows instead of the cushion but maybe I'll just go back to my old mask. I really wanted this to work.

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - DaveL - 04-29-2019

(04-29-2019, 02:45 PM)sjssf Wrote: I was looking forward to this but I can't quite get on board.
It's fine if I'm on my back but it leaks like crazy on my side. I tried tightening the straps but then my nose started hurting. Clearly, it was too much.
I was thinking I'd try the nose pillows instead of the cushion but maybe I'll just go back to my old mask. I really wanted this to work.

I modified my DreamWear for that reason.
I added a second strap behind my head. It worked better for me.

I bought this mask about 4 times....Then switched to a ResMed Nasal mask.N20? I forget....it works much better for me. It's not perfect. 

Since I bought I think that ResMed has copied the DreamWear. Maybe it would suit you better.

(My DreamWear caused me a problem. I ended up with a bump under my nostril. I had that removed. Surgery. Two spots...) coincidence? I don't know.

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - FLcracker - 04-30-2019

I'm probably not real qualified to suggest another type, as I'm not the one wearing it.....But...

Mizz Cracker's nasel pillows and headgear are by F&P Opus 360, and she has had phenomenal success since using them.  She has been doing so for at least two years now, She has replaced a couple of the adjustment straps so far just once.

This headgear has the hose attachment just about at the hairline on the forehead, allowing the hose's air supply to go above her head, instead of hanging down the lower front.  I improvised an eyehook on the top of her side of the bed's upper headboard to work as a guide for the hose. This makes it real easy for her to sleep on her back or either side she prefers, without the hose hanging down in front and getting twisted, creating leaks and other discomforts when she shifts her position in the night.

May not work as well for everyone, but it sure works well for her.

Best, FLc

Lurk Mode: ON

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - sjssf - 04-30-2019

I had to come back and reply after my negative comments about the Dreamwear nasal.
On a whim, I went from Med to Small. According to the chart that came with it, I am a Medium but wow. The small was perfect. I slept for 7.5 hours, very well. According to their Dream Mapper software, my AHI was 1.5.
Of course, this is what I should have done at first but I am stubborn.

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - tedwilliams - 06-09-2019

1. Like other responders, I too really wanted this mask to work. I originally ordered it from my Equipment Provider who is 1000 miles from my home, therefore, I could not test it prior to ordering. When asked what size I wanted I merely responded "medium" which I now know was a mistake. After two significant changes I have been able to get it to work properly, to be comfortable and be very close to being free of leaks. Here is what I did: I changed the frame from medium to small which eliminated most, but not all, of the leaks. Next, I swapped out the medium size nose cushion for a large size nasal pillow. As a result of these two changes, the Dreamwear System is now comfortable, virtually leakproof and is in all respects terrific.  Although I no longer have the same interest in testing competitive brands and models I will continue to test the various ones that I have in my home and/or that I have on order. I recently ordered but have not yet received the Dreamwear Nasal Cushion in the large size which may work just as good as the Nasal Pillow. Although my provider has a 30 day return policy I have not gone back to them during my testing. To my pleasant surprise, I found that eBay is a terrific source for discount pricing of CPAP replacement component equipment. 

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - DaveL - 06-10-2019

(04-30-2019, 11:50 AM)sjssf Wrote: I had to come back and reply after my negative comments about the Dreamwear nasal.
On a whim, I went from Med to Small. According to the chart that came with it, I am a Medium but wow. The small was perfect. I slept for 7.5 hours, very well. According to their Dream Mapper software, my AHI was 1.5.
Of course, this is what I should have done at first but I am stubborn.

Congratulations on your success!

I hope your AHI goes even lower.

RE: Just bought a Philips DreamWear nasal mask - sjssf - 06-16-2019

I've had success using it with my Philips Dream machine but it's not so great with my ResMed s9.
It suddenly dawns on me that maybe I have to change a setting. Do I?
I find the ResMed settings unintuitive so I hate to mess with it unless I really have to.