Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New Machine Config - Lower AHI - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New Machine Config - Lower AHI (/Thread-New-Machine-Config-Lower-AHI)

Pages: 1 2

New Machine Config - Lower AHI - EatMyCraft - 03-25-2019

Good Evening Everyone,

So I'm 33 contrary to what my attached report says haha I've been treating my apnea for approximately 10 years and recently got a new machine. Resmed Airsense 10 for her.

This is the first I'm hearing about sleepyhead and websites such as these and hoping to get some help. I've uploaded screen shots below and as I do research to make more sense of it, are there any recommended adjustments anyone can provide based on my results? 

Thank you so much in advance !

RE: New Machine Config - Lower AHI - Gideon - 03-25-2019

Welcome to the forum. A great Machine by the way.
Would you please check your event flags on the bottom left of the charts and make sure they are all turned on. I'm not seeing ant Obstructive Apneas or Hypopneas and want to make sure they were not turned off.

Chart Organization, look at the organize link in my signature for chart organization. the nutshell version in the left sidebar hide the calendar (triangle by it) and turn off the pie chart, the charts should be Events, Flow Rate, Flow Limits, Pressure, Leak Rate, and Snore (squeeze Snore and Flow Limit to fit on 1 page)

What I see, virtually nothing obstructive, but a bunch of Central/Clear Apnea.
Your Sleep Study, could you please post a full copy. Would like to know what it said about obstructive apnea.

Central Apnea cannot be treated with any CPAP machine, so we work on avoiding Central Apneas. Centrals generally increase with pressure variation from either EPR (yours is off) or from algorithmic changes form auto mode (You are in fixed mode), or from higher pressures, and they can be fairly low.

In an attempt to lower your Central events, avoiding them, I suggest dropping your fixed pressure to 9 then re-evaluate.

Fred

RE: New Machine Config - Lower AHI - EatMyCraft - 03-25-2019

(03-25-2019, 07:40 PM)bonjour Wrote: Welcome to the forum.  A great Machine by the way.
Would you please check your event flags on the bottom left of the charts and make sure they are all turned on. I'm not seeing ant Obstructive Apneas or Hypopneas and want to make sure they were not turned off.

Chart Organization, look at the organize link in my signature for chart organization.  the nutshell version in the left sidebar hide the calendar (triangle by it) and turn off the pie chart, the charts should be Events, Flow Rate, Flow Limits, Pressure, Leak Rate, and Snore (squeeze Snore and Flow Limit to fit on 1 page)

What I see, virtually nothing obstructive, but a bunch of Central/Clear Apnea.
Your Sleep Study, could you please post a full copy.  Would like to know what it said about obstructive apnea.

Central Apnea cannot be treated with any CPAP machine, so we work on avoiding Central Apneas.  Centrals generally increase with pressure variation from either EPR (yours is off) or from algorithmic changes form auto mode (You are in fixed mode), or from higher pressures, and they can be fairly low.  

In an attempt to lower your Central events, avoiding them, I suggest dropping your fixed pressure to 9 then re-evaluate.

Fred

Thanks Fred! Going to make those changes to the chart right now. However, I unfortunately don't have my sleep test results, it's been quite sometime. I will try to get my hands on them tomorrow. I don't recall what was said either as it was so long ago.

I know you said to drop the fixed pressure to 9 but that's what it's set at as far as I can tell? Can you maybe clarify?

Just to add, all events are turned on as well.

I'm bad,  Change pressure from 9 to 8.
The goal is to drop pressure until obstructive events start to occur then achieve a balance with the best AHI we can get.

Please report on how you feel  as we go forward

On the chart we do need the left sidebar

RE: New Machine Config - Lower AHI - Sleeprider - 03-25-2019

Fred, I'd really like to see a close-up of the flow rate in this case. We have an inverse I:E ratio, and fairly high flow limitation. Also, not all of the event flags are turned on. There may be OA and H events we are not seeing. The machine is set to fixed pressure, and if we wanted to see a lower pressure, we certainly could see the response in Autoset or Autoset for Her modes. Why are we in CPAP mode with an Autoset For Her.

EatMyCraft, I'm normally very much in agreement with Bonjour, but your current graphs leave a lot of questions unanswered. We need you to turn on all of the events in the lower left of the Daily chart. I also think, in spite of the centrals, there is more going on here, and your needed settings are not decipherable from the limited information we have here. I think EPR may, or may not be helpful, but not able to say from the posted charts.

(03-25-2019, 09:06 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: Fred, I'd really like to see a close-up of the flow rate in this case. We have an inverse I:E ratio, and fairly high flow limitation.  Also, not all of the event flags are turned on. There may be OA and H events we are not seeing.  The machine is set to fixed pressure, and if we wanted to see a lower pressure, we certainly could see the response in Autoset or Autoset for Her modes.  Why are we in CPAP mode with an Autoset For Her.

EatMyCraft, I'm normally very much in agreement with Bonjour, but your current graphs leave a lot of questions unanswered.  We need you to turn on all of the events in the lower left of the Daily chart.  I also think, in spite of the centrals, there is more going on here, and your needed settings are not decipherable from the limited information we have here.  I think EPR may, or may not be helpful, but not able to say from the posted charts.

Hello Sleeprider,

I've attached a screen shot of the flags because I'm pretty sure they are all on...unless I'm really just not understanding how the software works. I also did a close up of the flow rate for the time that seemed to have the most events last night.

The reason I haven't used the autoset modes is because I tried it and the constant change of pressure made it near impossible to sleep. However if you guys suggest I need to give it an honest try, I'm more than willing to do so. Can't tell you how appreciative I am of this help. Thank you so much to you and Bonjur.

need a 2 minute view because that is where we can read the wave form. Take a few of them in different areas including a hypopnea event.
BTW that is periodic breathing not CSR (which is a specific form of periodic breathing)

RE: New Machine Config - Lower AHI - EatMyCraft - 03-26-2019

(03-25-2019, 10:24 PM)bonjour Wrote: need a 2 minute view because that is where we can read the wave form.  Take a few of them in different areas including a hypopnea event.
BTW that is periodic breathing not CSR (which is a specific form of periodic breathing)

So I tried lowering my pressure to 8 and it reduced the clear airway events from 25 to 16 but introduced 4 obstructive apneas. I've attached the 2 minute views below of a bunch of different areas. 

Thanks again!

RE: New Machine Config - Lower AHI - Sleeprider - 03-26-2019

Lots of flow limitation here points to using EPR. These charts are looking better. If you can turn off the pie chart we will see the tidal volume and other respiratory data. In the menu go to File/Preferences/Appearance, and uncheck the Pie Chart. Let's see what happens as you add in EPR. Also suggest you change mode to Autoset or Autoset For Her instead of CPAP, and use a pressure range of 7 to 12 with EPR full time at 2.