Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
trouble getting data into Sleepyhead - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: trouble getting data into Sleepyhead (/Thread-trouble-getting-data-into-Sleepyhead)

trouble getting data into Sleepyhead - MarthaP - 03-31-2019

I am so frustrated trying to get my detailed data into Sleepyhead.  I’m only 3.5 weeks into treatment for obstructive sleep apnea, and I’m not very good with computers.  

I have the ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset, and I’m using a PC with Windows 10.  I started with a SanDisk UltraPlus SDHC card, 16 GB, and couldn’t get the process to work, so I ordered a ResMed SD card from Amazon and have been trying to make that work for the last few days (in case the SDHC card was the problem).   I have bought an external card reader to plug into a USB port.

I have read everything I can find about these issues on the forum website, and I can’t figure out what to do.   I managed to get one night of detailed data (3/19), but I don’t know what could have been different.  All the rest are just summary data.  I am careful that the card is unlocked when it goes into the AirSense machine (when I have forgotten, the machine told me the card is read-only when I put it in), and the card always clicks into place and the machine tells me it is  preparing the SD card.  
I lock the card before putting it into the card reader.

When I open Sleepyhead, I click on one of the import buttons.  It says it has located a ResMed file structure for AutoSet  at E:\ and asks if I want to import from that location.   I click yes.   It acts as if it is importing.

I had the SD card in the AirSense overnight on March 28—30. 
When I put the SD card in the reader today, Sleepyhead shows me  summary data for March 13—27, with detailed data for 3/19, but nothing (not even summary data) for March 28—30. 
When I put the HDSC card in the AirSense for a few minutes just now and then into the card reader, Sleepyhead shows me summary data for March 13-19, 21, 24, and 28-30, (along with detail data for 3/19).

When I search my computer for Sleepyhead, I find 3 things:  the program files in a folder in documents (for Sleepyhead 1.1.0-unstable-0, Revision 9da8b2a7), the shortcut I made to the desktop, and the SleepyHeadData-master folder in documents.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Sleepyhead yesterday but it didn’t help.

Also—only because it might possibly be a clue, not that it matters in itself—Sleepyhead changes my birthdate and date of diagnosis on my profile every time I sign out and back in.  It wants my birthdate to be 2/16/xxxx instead of 7/26/xxxx, and it wants my date of diagnosis to be 1/16/2019 instead of 2/16/19.    Doesn’t matter how many times I change it back, accept, and finish.  Whenever I open the program, it’s back to the same wrong dates.

I tried to use ResScan as an alternative, and downloaded the version 5.9.0.9629 from the link you give somewhere on the website.  I entered myself as a patient, with my personal data, but my name comes up as a patient group.  When I open ResScan with  the SC card in the reader, it recognizes my machine and reads the serial number.  I enter my data again as a new patient, and then I get “Access denied.  Unable to access or save patient data.  Contact your system administrator…” 

I hope you can help, because I don’t know anything else to try on my own, and I really want some help with my treatment parameters from the experts on your forum!

RE: trouble getting data into Sleepyhead - MarthaP - 03-31-2019

Also,
When I open sleepyhead with no card in the reader, it shows me data only from 3/13 thru 3/19.
The option in File - Preferences - Import for "Create SD card backups on import", which I left checked when I installed Sleepyhead, is now still checked, but grayed out, so I can't uncheck and recheck.

RE: trouble getting data into Sleepyhead - MarthaP - 04-01-2019

I finally got my graphs to show up!!   I uninstalled version 1.1.0 again, maybe more thoroughly, then installed version 1.0.0, then uninstalled that version, and reinstalled 1.1.0, imported data again and everything was there.  I was asked by my security software this time to unblock sleepyhead, and I don't remember that happening before, so maybe that was responsible.  Still doesn't make sense to me, but I am not computer-adept.  Just glad it's working now.  On to actuallly working with the data now...
Thanks to anyone who spent time reading my post and thinking about my problem.

RE: trouble getting data into Sleepyhead - DeepBreathing - 04-01-2019

Hi Martha, welcome to Apnea Board. Sorry we were a bit slow responding to your queries, but I see you have now got it sorted. It sounds like the previous uninstalls didn't completely eliminate the previous version of SleepyHead and each subsequent installation was getting corrupted by old files still on your machine. As to why it played silly buggers in the first place - well that's a mystery.

The good news is that the new and improved software, to be called Oscar, will automatically accept and reformat your SleepyHead data. The Oscar team are putting in a huge effort to ensure that the migration goes smoothly and this type of problem doesn't recur.