Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Quick question on changing masks - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Quick question on changing masks (/Thread-Quick-question-on-changing-masks)

Quick question on changing masks - ruthcatrin - 04-09-2019

I normally use a DreamWear Full Face Mask, where it only comes up under my nose instead of over it.  In alot of ways I really like this mask.  But since day one I've had random issues where it wakes me up tickling my nose, and this has gotten worse over the last couple weeks.  I suspect the soft silicone may be wearing in such a way as to stretch further, making it easier for it to tickle my nose in my sleep.  I'm over due for a new cushion (hopefully this week), and I'll be curious if that fixes that problem.

When I did my 2nd sleep test they sent me home with a ResMed AirFit F20 mask.  I haven't used it since, as I over all find the Dreamwear mask to be more comfortable.  BUT, I'm considering giving it another try while I wait for a new cushion for the Dreamwear.  Since there's nothing under my nose, if it IS something to do with the mask itself (vs a reaction to the air flow) thats tickling my nose, that ought to solve the problem.

I checked, and the hose connections fit just fine.  Do I need to change any settings in my machine for the different mask?

RE: Quick question on changing masks - Melman - 04-09-2019

I have used the f20 airfit and the Amara View which fits under the nose similar to the dreamwear. I find the F20 to be more comfortable and have fewer leak problems. Both are full face masks and use the same setting on the Resmed. I don't know if y0u need a different setting on the Dreamstation. The AirFit F20 is extremely durable. I've been using the same mask and cushion for 25 months.

RE: Quick question on changing masks - ruthcatrin - 04-10-2019

Well, it didn't fix the problem of something tickling my nose.  I'm starting to wonder if thats just a reaction to the moving air.  I will say that it felt less likely to leak than the Dreamwear, though I wasn't really  having huge leak issues with the Dreamwear either.  I'll give it a try for a few more nights anyway.

RE: Quick question on changing masks - ruthcatrin - 04-10-2019

And yah, I've seen other's comments about wearing the same cushion for months, so it seemed odd, but I thought it worth ruling out!

RE: Quick question on changing masks - Dormeo - 04-10-2019

Any chance the tickle comes from a nose hair that has decided to grow at an annoying angle?

RE: Quick question on changing masks - ruthcatrin - 04-11-2019

(04-10-2019, 09:34 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Any chance the tickle comes from a nose hair that has decided to grow at an annoying angle?

The thought had occurred to me  Too-funny I spent way to long infront of a mirror the other day trying to look for errant hairs!