Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
What bipap software work with WIN 8? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: What bipap software work with WIN 8? (/Thread-What-bipap-software-work-with-WIN-8)

Pages: 1 2 3

What bipap software work with WIN 8? - scopemech - 01-10-2013

What bipap software will work with Windows 8?

Thank You

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - zonk - 01-10-2013

(01-10-2013, 12:21 AM)scopemech Wrote: What bipap software will work with Windows 8?

Thank You
not sure about SleepyHead if works with the 750 but no harm in trying
Encore Basic more likely to works

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - dcgrafix - 01-10-2013

(01-10-2013, 12:21 AM)scopemech Wrote: What bipap software will work with Windows 8?

Thank You

Welcome to the the Apnea board scopemech

1Windows 8 is very new to be able to tell but most things that worked with win 7 should work.
All you can do is try it & if it doesn't work you may need a dual boot system with Win 7 & Win 8.

Let us know if you could this is what make a forum work & gives you the chance to give information especially for your first post.

But would love to know how it works for you.

I may be able to help you with EncoreBasic

As Zonk said
"Encore Basic more likely to work"

I will send you a private message (PM) with some links & PDF files to help so check you (PMs)

Dan

Welcome

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - archangle - 01-10-2013

It appears that Encore Basic won't install on Win8, but if you install it on Win7 and copy the files, it may work.

SleepyHead will probably install, but there may be a few problems with some of the data. It probably works well enough to help a lot.

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - trish6hundred - 01-10-2013

Hi scopemech and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - Sleepster - 01-10-2013

SleepyHead works well with the 750P, but it probably won't report intentional leaks correctly. The workaround is to have SleepyHead report only the total leak.

I don't know about the Windows 8 issue. Windows 8 has been around a while and I don't recall any reports that it's not compatible with SleepyHead. You might want to check the SourceForge SleepyHead page to see if there's a discussion of Windows 8 compatibility.

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - scopemech - 01-10-2013

(01-10-2013, 01:29 AM)dcgrafix Wrote:

Thank You

Welcome to the the Apnea board scopemech

1Windows 8 is very new to be able to tell but most things that worked with win 7 should work.
All you can do is try it & if it doesn't work you may need a dual boot system with Win 7 & Win 8.

Let us know if you could this is what make a forum work & gives you the chance to give information especially for your first post.

But would love to know how it works for you.

I may be able to help you with EncoreBasic

As Zonk said
"Encore Basic more likely to work"

I will send you a private message (PM) with some links & PDF files to help so check you (PMs)

Dan

Welcome
Thank You 
It Works!!
  I did download and install SleepyHead-0.9.1-beta -win 32 from sourceforge.net
My computer is running Windows 8 (upgraded from Windows 7)
SleepyHead  had been running on Windows 7 but disappeared  with all programs during upgrade,(my error)
New install of SleepyHead found an opens all previously saved data.
Thanks for the help  
Thanks

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - cbramsey - 01-10-2013

Welcome to the forum. We are glad you joined us. Welcome

I guess I have another reason NOT to upgrade to Win8. Too-funny

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - Deep Breath - 01-10-2013

I'm running ResScan 4.2 on Windows 8 Pro 64 with no issues.

RE: What bipap software work with WIN 8? - scopemech - 01-10-2013

(01-10-2013, 04:46 PM)DeepBreath Wrote: I'm running ResScan 4.2 on Windows 8 Pro 64 with no issues.

Thank you, I downloaded rescan 4.2 and it installed flawlessly on Windows 8 Pro.