Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
My cpap journey - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: My cpap journey (/Thread-My-cpap-journey--25089)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: My cpap journey - OpalRose - 06-10-2019

The pressure is going to ride the max pressure set no matter what you set it too. This is mostly due in response to the snores and FL. Your AHI is still good.

I think with the Respironics algorithm, your best bet is to keep a narrower pressure range. Raising the max didn’t do anything to help, but you could try a higher minimum.

I sometimes wonder if the flagged snores are actually snores. Does you wife hear you snoring?

Most important is, how did you sleep and do you feel rested?

RE: My cpap journey - snorybob - 06-10-2019

In order to get 2 minutes reading on your chart, keep clicking on the '' flow rate'' chart (not the events chart) till you see in the screen the oa or ca you want to define. Point the mouse on the ca or oa you want to display. Click till you get the desired time. 

Underneath it will read ex: 20.20.00 at the start (left side ) & 20.22.00 or close at the end of the chart (right side). The oa or ca will appear in that 2 min. I believe that's what the experts want to see.  

The chart you posted was ok but you had 26 minutes reading in the flow rate chart.

sb.

RE: My cpap journey - Lee Rilea - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 06:25 AM)bonjour Wrote: And how do you feel? Which settings feel better?

Your numbers are great

About the same either way.

(06-10-2019, 06:34 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The pressure is going to ride the max pressure set no matter what you set it too.  This is mostly due in response to the snores and FL.  Your AHI is still good.

I think with the Respironics algorithm, your best bet is to keep a narrower pressure range.  Raising the max didn’t do anything to help, but you could try a higher minimum.  

I sometimes wonder if the flagged snores are actually snores.  Does you wife hear you snoring?

Wife says she hasn't heard snoring in quite a while. I'd feel better if I got more hours lol, but overall I feel good. Maybe I could drop the higher back to 15 and raise the lower to 13.

RE: My cpap journey - Snoring Bear - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 04:01 PM)Lee Rilea Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 06:34 AM)OpalRose Wrote: The pressure is going to ride the max pressure set no matter what you set it too.  This is mostly due in response to the snores and FL.  Your AHI is still good.

I think with the Respironics algorithm, your best bet is to keep a narrower pressure range.  Raising the max didn’t do anything to help, but you could try a higher minimum.  

I sometimes wonder if the flagged snores are actually snores.  Does you wife hear you snoring?

Wife says she hasn't heard snoring in quite a while. I'd feel better if I got more hours lol, but overall I feel good. Maybe I could drop the higher back to 15 and raise the lower to 13.

If I were you, I'd only change one variable at a time to see how that one item impacts your numbers and more importantly your sleep.   When you change multiple variables, it's hard to know what made the difference or/not for you... 

I'd definitely consider moving your minimum pressure up and perhaps keeping your maximum as is for a few nights...  Good luck Lee!

RE: My cpap journey - OpalRose - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 04:55 PM)Snoring Bear Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 04:01 PM)Lee Rilea Wrote:

If I were you, I'd only change one variable at a time to see how that one item impacts your numbers and more importantly your sleep.   When you change multiple variables, it's hard to know what made the difference or/not for you... 

I'd definitely consider moving your minimum pressure up and perhaps keeping your maximum as is for a few nights...  Good luck Lee!

I agree with that.
Just watch you don’t start to see a bunch of CA’s (Clear Airways) as you raise pressure.

I still notice I wake up 3-5 times a night. I do go right back to sleep.

RE: My cpap journey - sheepless - 06-10-2019

for perspective, in the category of there's always someone that's worse off: I wake, roll over and go back to sleep dozens and dozens of times a night. I wake enough to remove the mask, stop the machine and sometimes get out of bed 5 to 9 times a night. your 3-5 times to go back to sleep is lousy but it could be worse!

RE: My cpap journey - Lee Rilea - 06-11-2019

Last night's results. Machine set at a low of 13 and high of 17. Had a bout where I had to take off my gear and put it back on due to comfort issues. BTW sheepless, not saying my problems waking up are worse than anyone else's, just noting that I think since starting cpap I seem to wake up after a good part of my dreams. I take it frequent waking is normal then?

RE: My cpap journey - sheepless - 06-11-2019

oh, IDK. I'm not a good person to answer that. I have no recollection of what a 'normal' night's sleep is like. I was just trying to make you feel better about your arousals.