Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
My cpap journey - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: My cpap journey (/Thread-My-cpap-journey--25089)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: My cpap journey - sleepythenight - 06-03-2019

Try 4 to 8 pressure and ramp up for 45 minutes. starting at 8 may too much at first.

RE: My cpap journey - jaswilliams - 06-03-2019

(06-03-2019, 11:18 AM)sleepythenight Wrote: Try 4 to 8 pressure and ramp up for 45 minutes. starting at 8 may too much at first.

That’s really bad advice. The base pressure needs to be much higher that 4 to 8 based on the graphs being shown in fact the max pressure may need to be raised higher than its current value of 15 to reduce snoring and obstructive apnoea further

RE: My cpap journey - Lee Rilea - 06-05-2019

I don't use the ramp at all.

RE: My cpap journey - Snoring Bear - 06-06-2019

(06-05-2019, 06:10 PM)Lee Rilea Wrote: I don't use the ramp at all.

Hi Lee.  I think you should take Ajacks & JasWilliams advice and increase your max. pressure.  Incidentally I mentioned this same idea to you a couple weeks ago.  There's no benefit in limiting your maximum if the machine sees that you need it.

You are maxing out at 15 and you should allow the machine to go higher.  There's no harm in setting your max to 18 or 19 to see if you need that much and if so, how it affects your sleep and your ahi's....  Your machine will only give you what you need. - - Hope this helps you!

SB

RE: My cpap journey - Lee Rilea - 06-06-2019

I'll probably do that this weekend when I have time to figure it out. I printed my manual, just need time.

RE: My cpap journey - Lee Rilea - 06-09-2019

ok. here are all my charts from Monday thru Saturday, and one from Saturday down to 2 minutes I think. The only changes I made were on Thursday I added a actual chin strap instead of my home made one. if you guys think I need to bump up pressure I will bump it a couple of points.

last 2

RE: My cpap journey - OpalRose - 06-09-2019

Lee,
The high Flow Limitations and Snores suggest a higher minimum pressure.

I also have no problem with you raising the maximum pressure as you are pretty much bumping up to 15 all night.

Did you happens to check what your Flex setting is? I’d keep it at AFlex 1.

No I haven't yet. So you recommend raising both low and high? How mu Has?

RE: My cpap journey - OpalRose - 06-09-2019

I wouldn’t raise the minimum by too much. Your AHI is very good, and I’m only looking at the Flow Limitations and Snores...trying to lessen them. The only thing you can do with a Respironics machine is bump the pressure a little. On the other hand, if it doesn’t help or make a difference, or if your not bothered by them, leave it be. It’s sort of a trade off.

Try 12.5 minimum and open up the maximum pressure to 17 or even 18. You can always dial it back if it doesn’t help.