Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Help!! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Help!! (/Thread-CPAP-Help--25104)

Help!! - Kerry18 - 05-16-2019

Hi this is my first time posting, I have had my machine for about 18 months and all was going well but over the last few weeks it keeps waking me up as I feel there is too much pressure and the force is making the air escape, I have to switch it off and switch it back on again I then fall asleep again until the pressure wakes me up again, I hope this makes sense?

RE: Help!! - PoolQ - 05-16-2019

I have had that happen many times, with me it was mask leaks causing the pressure to go up to try and compensate for the leak. If this is what is going on with you. Make sure the mask to skin interface is clean and not slippery, check how tight the straps are (our faces do change a shape sometimes). When you do wake up pay attention to your position and try reseating the mask.
Hope it helps

RE: Help!! - ajack - 05-16-2019

You have the basic unit, In the UK, it would have been titrated for you in a sleep study.

"SD card
An SD card has been supplied to gather therapy data from your S9 device and provide settings updates
from your clinician. When instructed to do so, disconnect the S9 device from the power outlet, remove
your SD card, insert it in the protective folder and send it to your clinician. For more information on
removing and inserting your card refer to the S9 SD Card Protective Folder provided with your device.
Please retain the S9 SD Card Protective Folder for future use"

Or you could download oscar and put a chart up.
My guess is you have ramp and the working pressure is disturbing you.

RE: Help!! - jaswilliams - 05-16-2019

If you really have the S9 Escape then don’t bother downloading any software as the only information availiable is how long you used the machine.

How old is the pillow/cushion on your mask it sounds like your having excessive leaks as the escape does not change pressure during the night.

RE: Help!! - OpalRose - 05-16-2019

(05-16-2019, 11:11 AM)Kerry18 Wrote: Hi this is my first time posting, I have had my machine for about 18 months and all was going well but over the last few weeks it keeps waking me up as I feel there is too much pressure and the force is making the air escape, I have to switch it off and switch it back on again I then fall asleep again until the pressure wakes me up again, I hope this makes sense?

Hi Kerry18,
Welcome to Apnea Board!
Yes, it makes sense, except we have no way of knowing if its the actual pressure waking you, apnea events, leaks, etc.
Can you tell us what pressure your machine is set at?  You can try lowering it to see if that makes a difference.

Unfortunately, your machine is what we call a "brick."  It cannot provide us with any useful data.  If and when you are able to upgrade to a data capable machine, do some research first.  Here is a link to help.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Machine_choices

I knew it was the base unit and it doesn't show charts, a brick. I always thought it gave the basics, leak, AHI and pressure in oscar, doesn't it?
It would have the mask fit function, that would help resolve the leak Kerry is having.

RE: Help!! - OpalRose - 05-16-2019

This is why we call it a “brick.”

BASIC THERAPY TRACKING
The S9 allows you to view a snapshot of your sleep therapy directly on the device.  

The S9 ESCAPE stores basic therapy tracking data including hours of use and compliance data, up to 365 sessions, both on the device and the removable data card.

I couldn’t say if it shows leak rate or not.  I could be wrong, but don’t think OSCAR would display anything.

Kerry, does the machine display show AHI, leak rate, hrs used? Also what pressure is your machine set to?

OKAY, it may take photos of the info display. As you know, there needs to be a clear way to communicate between Kerry and the forum. kerry hasn't reposted and may have decided to take it up with the NHS. They have free treatment there.