Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
User Name & Password - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: User Name & Password (/Thread-User-Name-Password)

User Name & Password - Howard - 01-16-2013

Does anyone know how to change your User Name? For some reason mine is called Apple....short Apple Computer I guess...lol I don't want to delete it and loose my data as I don't have the same SD Card any more. Alternatively, does anyone know how to recover a password as this happened when I tried to create a new profile after I could not access my data with the correct name.

RE: User Name & Password - trish6hundred - 01-16-2013

Hi Howard and WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for more responses to your post. Someone will be able to help you soon, best of luck.

RE: User Name & Password - Ugly - 01-16-2013

(01-16-2013, 02:35 PM)Howard Wrote: Does anyone know how to change your User Name? For some reason mine is called Apple....short Apple Computer I guess...lol I don't want to delete it and loose my data as I don't have the same SD Card any more. Alternatively, does anyone know how to recover a password as this happened when I tried to create a new profile after I could not access my data with the correct name.

For one thing, what is this user name for? SleepyHead? Or does your machine use a user name?

RE: User Name & Password - PaulaO2 - 01-16-2013

I will move this to the Member Account section. SuperSleeper is the admin and that's the best way for him to see it. He's the only one that can make such changes.

RE: User Name & Password (Moved to Member Acct Help Forum) - SuperSleeper - 01-16-2013

Hi Howard, welcome to the forum!

Which are you talking about?:

1. Changing usernames & passwords for the SleepyHead software or your CPAP machine?

or

Changing username & password for your Apnea Board Forum account?

If you want to change your forum account username, simply send me an email with your current username from the email address you used during forum registration, plus tell me the username you'd like it changed to.

I will reply within a day with the changes and direct you how you can change your password if you like. My email address is apneaboard@gmail.com

Smile

RE: User Name & Password (Moved to Member Acct Help Forum) - TheWerkz - 01-16-2013

I'm pretty sure he's actually talking about his SleepyHead UserID & p/w, he's probably using a Mac.

I've never tried to change users and I don't use a p/w for my SH UserID nor was I able to find any answers in the SH documentation about how to do so.

If you can search or find and then view the "Profile.xml" file, look for the line Password type="QString"/ and see if there's a password right after QString. This may be totally different if you're on a Mac, I have the Windows version of SH.

You may have to start all over with a new UserID and don't assign a p/w this time then import your data into that account, if you can locate the SleepyHeadData folder all of your data should be in the Profiles subdirectory inside another folder with your UserID, make a backup copy of it before you try anything drastic.

Ren

RE: User Name & Password (Moved to Member Acct Help Forum) - PaulaO2 - 01-16-2013

Ah, then if that is true, SS, feel free to move this back to the main forum.

That's what I get for skimming!

RE: User Name & Password - SuperSleeper - 01-16-2013

Moved thread back to Main Forum. Smile