Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? (/Thread-Polarity-of-Pilot-24-Lite-DC-output)

Pages: 1 2

Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? - psteckler - 06-01-2019

I'd like to find out the polarity of the DC output from the Medistrom Pilot-24 Lite battery. That is, is it center positive, or center negative?

RE: Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? - kotaKat - 06-04-2019

As soon as I have my Dreamstation Go adapter, I'll have that info for you. I already know which pins on the 8-pin on the DS side are ground, so I can tone out the DC jack end for you in a couple days.

RE: Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? - psteckler - 06-04-2019

(06-04-2019, 09:14 AM)kotaKat Wrote: As soon as I have my Dreamstation Go adapter, I'll have that info for you. I already know which pins on the 8-pin on the DS side are ground, so I can tone out the DC jack end for you in a couple days.

Great, let me know what you learn.

RE: Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? - kotaKat - 06-05-2019

Center positive, outer negative. Just toned the cable (and scored the confirmation of the Molex Micro-Fit pinout on the Dreamstation Go).

RE: Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? - psteckler - 06-05-2019

(06-05-2019, 05:05 PM)kotaKat Wrote: Center positive, outer negative. Just toned the cable (and scored the confirmation of the Molex Micro-Fit pinout on the Dreamstation Go).

Great, thanks!

I've got an $800 Resmed AirMini on the line here. You're certain as certain can be? :-)

I just put a $1k Dreamstation Go on the line myself. You're good. Center positive, outer negative. More on this project on my thread in a bit.

(06-05-2019, 06:27 PM)kotaKat Wrote: I just put a $1k Dreamstation Go on the line myself. You're good. Center positive, outer negative. More on this project on my thread in a bit.

I like to hear confidence, thanks so much!

I'm building a power supply for the Resmed, hope it to have it built soon, and will report here.

RE: Polarity of Pilot-24 Lite DC output? - Sleepster - 06-05-2019

(06-05-2019, 06:43 PM)psteckler Wrote: I'm building a power supply for the Resmed, hope it to have it built soon, and will report here.

There was an in-depth thread on this topic somewhere. In addition to the 24 volts DC, there's another conductor used to send a proprietary signal. Somebody figured out how to do it, though, IIRC.

(06-05-2019, 07:39 PM)Sleepster Wrote: There was an in-depth thread on this topic somewhere. In addition to the 24 volts DC, there's another conductor used to send a proprietary signal. Somebody figured out how to do it, though, IIRC.

I'm following an example on another bulletin board. A fellow there removed the plug from the Resmed cable, and connected only positive and negative wires to a boost module, no other signal or voltage involved.

I'm planning to keep the plug, and use a panel jack to connect to the module (hence the need to know polarity). The plug appears to be an ordinary 5.5x2.5mm barrel plug.

Even the Medistrom cable offered for the AirMini most likely is just the 24VDC only. None of the other 4 pins on the DSGO connector are connected on mine, just two ground and two +24V.