Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Treatment] How do I interpret Oscar information - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Treatment] How do I interpret Oscar information (/Thread-Treatment-How-do-I-interpret-Oscar-information)

How do I interpret Oscar information - Donnarellis - 06-02-2019

I'm not sure if these results are good or not. I have had one visit with the Neurologist that is overseeing my treatment. I was set up with my mask through a supplier and I just don't really understand so much of this. I go back to the Doctor on June 12 and if there is anything I need to discuss with him, I want to be prepared.  Thank you for your help. All I know about my study was that I was having 87 events an hour. I know that figure is much better. But I still feel so tired. It may take time, I understand that. I just want to be doing all I can to help myself. 

[attachment=12476]

RE: How do I interpret Oscar information - Dormeo - 06-02-2019

You are off to a good start! You are using your machine, seeing improvement in your AHI, using Oscar, and approaching treatment with a constructive outlook. Plus you’ve found this forum!

I’m sure one of the experts will be along to offer some thoughts about your charts. But first, would you make a few changes and repost? They’ll want to see the following graphs in a single screenshot: events, flow rate, pressure, leak rate, snores. If you need to, you can squish the graphs a little by grabbing the grey separators. Also, you can turn off VS2 flags.

Some people feel a lot better quickly, but for the rest of us it’s a more gradual process, with ups and downs but a generally improving trend. So patience will be important to your success.

RE: How do I interpret Oscar information - Donnarellis - 06-02-2019

Thank you so much! I will attempt that now!

RE: How do I interpret Oscar information - Donnarellis - 06-02-2019

I am not having any luck editing my post or adding individual shots of the graphs. So I've reached maximum frustration for the day. I apologize and will have to come back to this later.

RE: How do I interpret Oscar information - Dormeo - 06-02-2019

I hear you! When you come back to this, you can just attach the screenshot to a new reply. No need to try to change the earlier post.

RE: How do I interpret Oscar information - Donnarellis - 06-03-2019

I am having a hard time figuring out how to copy and save the individual results. I can blow them up individually full size, but then I can't seem to take a picture and save it. I'm on my computer and have done everything I could find to take and save screen shots, but no luck.

RE: How do I interpret Oscar information - Dormeo - 06-03-2019

On my laptop, I hit the PrtScr key on the top row, then open the Paint 3D program. I right-click on the blank screen in Paint 3D and select Paste. The copy of my chart appears, and then I can crop it if necessary, and save it. I save to my desktop so I can find the file easily.

By any chance does your computer work the same way?

RE: How do I interpret Oscar information - Melman - 06-03-2019

The best way is to press the F12 key for a screen shot. On many laptops the function keys are dual purpose and you may need to find and hold a key labeled Fn when you press F12. The screen shot will be in the screen shot folder in your OSCAR documents folder.

RE: How do I interpret Oscar information - willo - 06-08-2019

FYI: If you use an Apple / Mac computer and don't have a row of F-keys for functions, you can do a screenshot by pressing Command + Shift + 5 all at the same time. (Command is the squiggle that looks kind of like a cloverleaf highway on-ramp viewed from space.)

Also: Command + Shift + 4 gives you a cursor that allows to to draw a box around a small area of your screen to take a more specific screenshot.