Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Newbie [no data on CPAP machine?] - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Newbie [no data on CPAP machine?] (/Thread-Newbie-no-data-on-CPAP-machine)

Pages: 1 2 3

Newbie [no data on CPAP machine?] - Apnearon - 06-10-2019

Hello all, I was diagnosed with OSA on 3/28/19 something like waking 40 times an hour, I bought a Resmed Airsense 10 and It has been a nightmare trying to get use to having something strapped to my face, in the hospital the mask leaked but I guess it was enough to do the test with, ended up taking the mask home with me, I knew something wasn’t right with the mask come to find out it was a Small, it was the type that’s covers the mouth the nose part rest under under the nose.

So I went back to the place I bought the Airsense 10, they sold me a display Large full face mask because they didn’t have a Medium mask, went back to them and they had a Medium mask replacement that snapped into the Large head frame still not a happy camper, last night I found two problems with the mask, 1 the large framed head gear, I had the straps pulled so tight that the back of my neck hurts today.

While working with the mask I felt the back of my neck and the strap around my forehead and found that the vertical straps from the bottom and top straps were really loose, so with one hand I took the top head band and the bottom one and pinched them together and the mask sealed Like it’s was supposed to so now I’m going for a Medium head strap.

Number 2 the swivel tube to the mask, the vent on it, if it was venting air to the right side I felt that I was getting more air to my right nostril and lacking on the left side nostril,  hose venting in center both nostrils seemed to be normal to both nostrils.

Another nightmare I’m having is the MyAir software and I have problems with Oscar, MyAir is useless in opinion, Oscar won’t show line charts, only bar charts, I’m wanting Resscan but no luck finding where to download it, sent email but no response yet.

I’m sorry about the long rant but it won’t take much longer before I trash all the equipment and just live with sleep apnea I’ve been doing it for 40 years.
Thanks for reading

RE: Newbie - Gideon - 06-10-2019

Welcome to the forum.

What machine do you have, what are the words on the machine front? AirSense 10 is a line of CPAPs with many models.

The detailed info that the daily charts are based on is stored on the SD Card and the SD Card has to remain in the CPAP while you are using it.
Look at the organize link in my signature
You want the Daily charts to post,  The Bar Charts are on the Overview.

On Masks, I'm a fan of the ResMed P10 Pillow mask,
A couple of important links,
You are having issues with your mask, read the Mask Primer (in my signature)

New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success Also in my signature.

RE: Newbie - Apnearon - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 10:45 AM)Mbonjour Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

What machine do you have, what are the words on the machine front?  AirSense 10 is a line of CPAPs with many models.

The detailed info that the daily charts are based on is stored on the SD Card and the SD Card has to remain in the CPAP while you are using it.
Look at the organize link in my signature
You want the Daily charts to post,  The Bar Charts are on the Overview.

On Masks, I'm a fan of the ResMed P10 Pillow mask,
A couple of important links,
You are having issues with your mask, read the Mask Primer (in my signature)

New to Apnea? Helpful tips to ensure success Also in my signature.

Thanks for the Welcome and responding to my post
On the front it says Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP
On the back I see a Device number, it is 675 there is a Serial number, a Ref number and a lot number, does that help.
Thank You

On the Daily screen at the bottom it says
I’m very sorry your machine doesn’t record useful data to graph in daily view, oh well I guess I spent six hundred for a child’s toy.

RE: Newbie - SuperSleeper - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 11:39 AM)Apnearon Wrote: On the Daily screen at the bottom it says
I’m very sorry your machine doesn’t record useful data to graph in daily view, oh well I guess I spent six hundred for a child’s toy.

Yep, the AirSense 10 CPAP records only compliance data (hours of use).

That's why we always suggest that prior to purchasing a machine, folks read this article:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Machine_choices

Not sure if it's too late, but you could ask to trade the machine in for an AirSense 10 Autoset, although you might have to pay a bit more.

But your machine (even the AirSense 10 CPAP) is far beyond a simple "child's toy".  It will at least provide for a basic treatment of your sleep apnea, and that is MUCH, MUCH better than no treatment at all.  The only problem is that you'll have to go by more of "how you feel" (plus considering your prescribed pressure) when it comes to adjusting pressures and other settings (for the best results)... machines that are fully data-recording will give you numerous stats such as AHI to help you fine-tune your settings with a greater degree of confidence.

Whatever you do, don't throw out the baby with the bath water.  At the very least, continue using your AirSense 10 CPAP, even if you decide not to trade in for one of the data-recording versions  (such as AirSense 10 Autoset or AirSense 10 Elite).

On the Daily screen at the bottom it says

RE: Newbie [no data on CPAP machine?] - Apnearon - 06-10-2019

I called the medical supply where I bought the cpap machine and he said the auto set machine cost about seventy dollars more, but doctors orders said it was a fixed pressure so that’s why I got just the plain Jane model cpap machine.

RE: Newbie [no data on CPAP machine?] - Sleeprider - 06-10-2019

We prefer to call it a "brick". We try to advise new members on what machines to get from the DME. Most of the time it is best to have your doctor write a prescription for Auto CPAP or to specify the machine you want. The question is, how much did YOU pay? The value of the Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP is under $600 from a Supplier #11, and in fact you can get the Autoset for that price without insurance.

You can complain to the DME, ask for the Autoset and see if that gets you anywhere. If you really do have $600 of your own money into this think, find out if you have any return policy rights.

RE: Newbie [no data on CPAP machine?] - Apnearon - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 01:15 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: We prefer to call it a "brick".  We try to advise new members on what machines to get from the DME.  Most of the time it is best to have your doctor write a prescription for Auto CPAP or to specify the machine you want.  The question is, how much did YOU pay?  The value of the Resmed Airsense 10 CPAP is under $600 from a Supplier #11, and in fact you can get the Autoset for that price without insurance.  

You can complain to the DME, ask for the Autoset and see if that gets you anywhere.  If you really do have $600 of your own money into this think, find out if you have any return policy rights.

Thanks Sleeprider
Going tomorrow to the medical supply again I will see if I can do a upgrade, I will call my doctor in the morning before I go and see if I can call in a new subscription for the AutoSet one.
Thanks again

RE: Newbie [no data on CPAP machine?] - DeepBreathing - 06-10-2019

Yes, talk to you doctor and get the prescription amended if possible. Try to ensure the prescription says "Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for Her". The "for Her" part is not essential but does provide access to an extra algorithm (operating mode) which many men and women find beneficial.

The Autoset can be configured to run at a fixed pressure as per the prescription but it gives you the option of changing to auto if your needs change in future - remember this will be your machine and it will be with you for at least the next five years.

If the doctor is intransigent and won't spring for an auto machine, your fallback position is to get the Resmed Airsense 10 Elite. This is a fixed pressure machine but will give you full data.