Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Another CPAP newbie with questions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Another CPAP newbie with questions (/Thread-Another-CPAP-newbie-with-questions)

Another CPAP newbie with questions - hart1026 - 06-13-2019

Hi everyone,
     So on May 4th of this year, I finally joined the ranks of an official CPAP ownerSmile  Having had issues with snoring and daytime somnolence, I figured I would get checked out. So, like many of you, I did the sleep lab assessment, followed by the titration study. Results indicated I have Moderate OSA with a preferred pressure at 14cm H2O on a full face mask.  Now, my first comment on that is that I'm not sure how they got that, because I felt like I slept only about 10 minutes that eveningSmile  What I do remember is having woken up to someone holding a leaf blower in my mouth (at least it felt that way).  I walked away with probably the worst sleep of my life that night. So, I was given a Phillips Respironics Dreamstation APAP and an Amari Full face.  Worked for a week or so, but since I am a side sleeper, kept on having issues and didn't feel good forcing me to breath through my mouth (i always thought I was a mouth breather). So, I tried the Wisp. Low AHI's (.5-1.5), but felt like inspiration was being hampered. Tried the large size, then leaks ensued. Finally, tried out the Dreamwear Nasal Pillows. I like the minimalist aspect, the comfort, and ability to sleep on the side. it also provides me with low AHI's (.4-1).  So that's the back story.  Now the issue...I have always awoken multiple times nightly, unsure why. Tossing and turning.  True insomnia or OSA.  I felt like after the sleep study this was due to awakenings as a result of having sleep apnea. But to be honest, it feel like my sleep has gotten worse.  I will usually get about 3-4 hours of sleep initially (9:45-2-2:30), and I habitually wake-up for some unknown reason.  Then, its almost impossible for me to return to a good sleep.  I've looked at Sleepyhead charts seeing if I can account for that, but it's relatively Greek to me. I've looked at RERA, but what I do have, seems to be at the very beginning of my night, and then no more. I've aligned pressure with the 90% (9cm) with a ramp of 7.  Still no change. I use breathe right strips to help, anti-histamines, exercise daily, good sleep hygiene, to no avail. 
    In closing, any thoughts and advice would help so much.  If I need to post reports, please let me know. I think I had better sleep without it, but know I need to continue for health reasons.  As a side note, i'm healthy, and take only multi-vitamins and an Anti-depressant (SSRI).  Thanks

RE: Another CPAP newbie with questions - Gideon - 06-13-2019

Please post charts. See the organize link for which charts.

Post the full night plus several 3minutr segments, 1from your good pre break sleep and several random afterwards.

RE: Another CPAP newbie with questions - hart1026 - 06-13-2019

Thanks Bonjour...i certainly will when I get home this evening. Appreciate your help in advance.

RE: Another CPAP newbie with questions - hart1026 - 06-13-2019

Bonjour

so I've attached last evening (not much however due to issues. I have also attached the two prior days. Not sure if this is what you asked for, but its a start hopefully.

Sorry..didn't add Smile

RE: Another CPAP newbie with questions - Gideon - 06-13-2019

The full night gives us context, and in general sats awesome.  We really need to see detailed close up/short time-frame segments.  We are looking for something different. Maybe RERAs that are not flagged, maybe something else. These Left click on the charts until you have a 2-3 minute segment so we can see what is happening on a waveform level.

Look in the below wiki article,  The zoomed view is how close I want you to get.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Optimizing_therapy#TroubleShooting_Therapy