Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
help selecting a traveling APAP machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: help selecting a traveling APAP machine (/Thread-help-selecting-a-traveling-APAP-machine)

help selecting a traveling APAP machine - harmonicamoon - 06-23-2019

I will be camping for five nights.

And considering a battery operated unit that could be used with a car battery.

My ResMed S9 requires 18VDC to operate. So, I can't adapt it.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you

RE: help selecting a traveling APAP machine - alshayed - 06-23-2019

Hi HarmonicaMoon,

ResMed makes a DC power converter for the S9, I think it's readily available from many of the suppliers but certainly #1 on the list. That would let you run your existing machine off a deep cycle battery.

HTH,
Alshayed

RE: help selecting a traveling APAP machine - alshayed - 06-23-2019

I should have also said, alternatively if you are set on buying a new APAP why not buy a new AirSense 10 and get the DC converter for that? (It uses a different one vs the S9)

If you search the forum there are many threads on camping with CPAP for various suggestions.

RE: help selecting a traveling APAP machine - Sleeprider - 06-23-2019

Search Amazon for:
MAXOAK CPAP Battery Backup CPAP Power Bank for Airsense 10 Resmed S9 Philip REMstar System one 60 50 Dreamstation Z1 Aircurve Airmini Transcend Mini Travel Camping Emergency Power DC12/15/24V&USB5V

This battery has a lot of power and capacity and includes the adapter necessary to power S9 and S10 units. It should be good for several days of use with the humidifier and heated hose settings off. Not cheap, but less than a new portable unit.

For just the converter, search for Resmed 37297 DC-DC Converter . It is $84.95 at Supplier #1

RE: help selecting a traveling APAP machine - harmonicamoon - 06-24-2019

(06-23-2019, 09:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Search Amazon for:
MAXOAK CPAP Battery Backup CPAP Power Bank for Airsense 10 Resmed S9 Philip REMstar System one 60 50 Dreamstation Z1 Aircurve Airmini Transcend Mini Travel Camping Emergency Power DC12/15/24V&USB5V

This battery has a lot of power and capacity and includes the adapter necessary to power S9 and S10 units.  It should be good for several days of use with the humidifier and heated hose settings off.  Not cheap, but less than a new portable unit.

For just the converter, search for Resmed 37297 DC-DC Converter . It is $84.95 at Supplier #1

Thank you Sleeprider.

I am thinking about the MAXOAK K5.

The Amazon site says it cannot be taken on an airplane.  I don't know if that means as carry-on and checked bag?

The MAXOAK site doesn't support questions.

Anyone know?

RE: help selecting a traveling APAP machine - harmonicamoon - 06-24-2019

(06-24-2019, 02:16 PM)harmonicamoon Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 09:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Search Amazon for:

This battery has a lot of power and capacity and includes the adapter necessary to power S9 and S10 units.  It should be good for several days of use with the humidifier and heated hose settings off.  Not cheap, but less than a new portable unit.

For just the converter, search for Resmed 37297 DC-DC Converter . It is $84.95 at [/url][url=http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-CPAP-Supplier-List?pid=31#pid31]Supplier #1

Thank you Sleeprider.

I am thinking about the MAXOAK K5.

The Amazon site says it cannot be taken on an airplane.  I don't know if that means as carry-on and checked bag?

The MAXOAK site doesn't support questions.

Anyone know?

I got an answer from an Amazon forum.  Apparently the battery is too powerful (per FAA) to be allowed anywhere on a plane.