Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[CPAP] Basic software questions - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [CPAP] Basic software questions (/Thread-CPAP-Basic-software-questions)

Pages: 1 2

Basic software questions - caminolarry - 07-04-2019

I have been using CPAP for years but not having access to the data. I recently got a new ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset and I have the MyAir software that receives data via a cellular connection and displays it on my computer.

The problem is that the data is very high level -- for example, the AHI is shown as average events per hour, but I can't find a way to see any more detail, such as how the events are distributed through the night, or a distinction between apneas and hypopneas. I need more access to the underlying data.

I have seen references on this forum to at least two programs that are available -- OSCAR and ResScan.

My questions:

Are those programs able to receive and analyze the data that the AirSense 10 sends by cellular connection?

Which program is better, more suitable, easier to use?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

RE: Basic software questions - WhyMe - 07-04-2019

Both those programs require use of an SD card to transfer data between the machine and your PC. The MyAir program is really meant to encourage compliance, so it is more like a cheerleader than a useful companion. Your machine may have come with an SD card, but if not, they are a standardized product and easily obtainable for a low price.

Personally, I prefer OSCAR - it seems to be easier to use, provides what I find to be more useful information in a better format, and people here are used to seeing the data presented from OSCAR.

RE: Basic software questions - OpalRose - 07-04-2019

caminolarry,
Going one step further, after downloading OSCAR, follow the links below in my signature line.  This will show you how to organize your graphs and take a screenshot to upload data here in the main forum should you want help or have questions about your numbers.

RE: Basic software questions - caminolarry - 07-04-2019

Thank you.

Is it straightforward to get a computer to read an SD card? I have never done it.

RE: Basic software questions - WhyMe - 07-04-2019

My computer has a built in card reader - stick the card in, and once you have OSCAR set up, it automatically finds the card and asks if you want to import the file. That’s all there is to it. Works pretty much the same way if you use an external card reader as an accessory for your computer.

RE: Basic software questions - Bubba45 - 07-05-2019

Yes, it's very easy. My brand new HP laptop has a built-in SD card reader, but it's crap. I use an adapter very similar to this one:

<Commercial link removed >

Works like a champ. The computer will think you just inserted a new disk. Both OSCAR and ResScan will recognize the file system on the card and the import of the data will be very easy. Make sure you use the lock switch on the SD card before you read it. Then unlock it before you put the card back into your machine.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----

RE: Basic software questions - Gideon - 07-05-2019

There are actually 2 sets of data, a low Res that MyAir used and a Hi Res that OSCAR and Resscan use. So the answer to your question is actually no since they use different data sets.

RE: Basic software questions - caminolarry - 07-05-2019

Thanks to all of you for the information.

I will download OSCAR and check out my computer to see if it can read SD cards, and if not buy an adapter.

Will I have to set up the ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset to save the data I need on the SD card, or does it do that automatically?

RE: Basic software questions - WhyMe - 07-05-2019

The machine will record automatically, as long as the SD card is in place and the write protect tab is in the correct position.

RE: Basic software questions - caminolarry - 07-06-2019

I just discovered that my new ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset, less than two months old, does not have an SD card installed. The manual says that each machine comes with an SD card, so it seems that my supplier must have removed it before delivering the machine to me.

Looking online for an SD card, I see that ResMed says only their branded SD cards should be used. Any opinions on that?