Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Product Review] ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Product Review Forums (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Product-Review-Forums)
+---- Forum: CPAP Machine Reviews (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-CPAP-Machine-Reviews)
+---- Thread: [Product Review] ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip (/Thread-Product-Review-ResMed-Air-Mini-35-day-trip)

Pages: 1 2

ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - sleepyl - 07-06-2019

I had been using the Phillips Dreamstation Auto since January 2019 (first time cpap user).   I bought it based on a free trial from a local provider.  Since I got it I have been disappointed by the high pitched noise it makes when I breathe.  I have to put on music or an audio book to be able to get to sleep with it.  Therefore, when I planned a 35 day trip to the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man & Scotland, I was in a dilemma as to what I would use (or IF I would take) a cpap.  At the last minute, and since I was travelling extremely light, I decided to buy the ResMed Air Mini due to it's size and weight, and hoping it would be quiet.

The first time I used it I was VERY impressed.  I use the P10 air pillow mask and the only sound is the air sound from the vents in the mask, which doesn't seem to bother me at all.  No whistling, no whirring and no motor noise.  The Air Mini is small, easy to pack and very light.   I actually prefer this cpap over my Dreamstation 100%.  I didn't use the inline humidifier discs at all, and don't seem to need the humidification.  I get a great sleep, fall asleep easily and quickly and appreciate the small size in my luggage.

I highly recommend this machine for anyone -- I don't think I'll ever use my Dreamstation again, wish I had bought the ResMed for her CPAP if it is anything close the the mini. 

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - foss - 07-06-2019

I just use my Resmed A10 Autoset when I travel. It is small enough and no compromises.

fos1

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - stevewerth - 08-19-2019

The Air Mini is great if you don't use the Humidex, but when you do, there seems to be some serious restriction when exhaling - like there is positive pressure on exhale. I tried both types of discs, but they both exhibit the same issues.

I use my Air Mini without the Humidex and the lack of humidity doesn't seem to bother me at all. The negative pressure on exhale is as good as sleeping with no mask at all.

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - bfmccarthy - 10-23-2019

I LOVE my Resmed Airsense 10 machine and have taken it on 3 vacations in the last 13 months.  Great as it is going through airport or cruiseship security with my luggage and carryon and cpapbag just got to be too much.  I bought the airmini so I am down to 2 bags leaving the house and only 1 while boarding a plane.  The machine is essentially silent.  The expiration valve set up with the mask is a little noisier but I can toss the airmini plus power supply and hose with mask into a small bag.  Easy!  Convenient!  Doubles as a back-up in case something happens to my main machine.  CPAP has made my life easier, Resmed has made CPAP easier.

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - kderevan - 11-14-2019

I have owned my Air Mini since it first came out (2 years? I really don't remember). It has made traveling so much easier. The small size makes it easy to pack, and it doesn't take up much space on a bedside table. My at-home setup, a Resmed autoset 9, is plugged into an inconvenient outlet and it was always an annoyance to unplug, pack up, and do the reverse upon returning home, especially on trips of just one or two nights. Now I have my AirMini in its case, and all I have to do is put it in my suitcase or carry-on bag. I sleep just as well with it as I do with my home setup.

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - DarciWantsToSleep - 12-26-2019

I am so happy to hear these reviews. I’ve been traveling with my regular Autosense Air 10but I hate the extra bag. I have a lot of international work travel coming up and purchased a Mini last night. I just want something I can put in my backpack. I’ll let you know how it works out.

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - avis - 12-30-2019

(11-14-2019, 08:36 PM)kderevan Wrote: I have owned my Air Mini since it first came out (2 years? I really don't remember). It has made traveling so much easier. The small size makes it easy to pack, and it doesn't take up much space on a bedside table. My at-home setup, a Resmed autoset 9, is plugged into an inconvenient outlet and it was always an annoyance to unplug, pack up, and do the reverse upon returning home, especially on trips of just one or two nights. Now I have my AirMini in its case, and all I have to do is put it in my suitcase or carry-on bag. I sleep just as well with it as I do with my home setup.

I fully agree with you and think that the AirMini is great. The only thing that bothered me was the dedicated mask, I use the TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask (without headgear)
But I solved the problem by using the Maskpap [commercial link removed, simply search Google for "maskpap"]  now I can use any mask. I wrote a review about and recommend it. This adapter solved the restriction when exhaling.
The Air Mini application giving me excellent scores shown on attached results.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, certain types of commercial links are prohibited in this forum.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.

-----

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - Greyghost1962 - 01-05-2021

I have had the same experience as other members.   I was using a Dreamstation and picked up an Airmini for travel.   I found I couldn't use the humidification disks and pulled it out.   I then realized that humidification may not be necessary for me.   I pulled the water chamber from my Dreamstation and all was well, but I found the Airmini to better suit me as it was just more "comfortable".   The time came for a new machine at home and I requested the Airsense 10 Auto and I also found this more "comfortable" than the Dreamstation.    Finally, there are adaptors for the Airmini so that you can use standard tubing and masks with the Airmini.   Fortunately I have been using Resmed N20 Masks almost from day one so it sort of came together.

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - Pete G - 05-06-2021

(01-05-2021, 12:24 PM)Greyghost1962 Wrote: I have had the same experience as other members.   I was using a Dreamstation and picked up an Airmini for travel.   I found I couldn't use the humidification disks and pulled it out.   I then realized that humidification may not be necessary for me.   I pulled the water chamber from my Dreamstation and all was well, but I found the Airmini to better suit me as it was just more "comfortable".   The time came for a new machine at home and I requested the Airsense 10 Auto and I also found this more "comfortable" than the Dreamstation.    Finally, there are adaptors for the Airmini so that you can use standard tubing and masks with the Airmini.   Fortunately I have been using Resmed N20 Masks almost from day one so it sort of came together.

awesome to know there are some options for masks.... I am keen now, do a bit of travel, and honestly probably should have gotten an airmini to begin with

RE: ResMed Air Mini -- 35 day trip - xctraveler - 11-06-2021

I am delighted to know there are mask options, however I have been using the Airfit P10 with my Airsense 10 for as long as I can remember. I keep the airmini in my carryon bag ready to go without even thinking about it. As a full time RVer compact storage is a major plus. I have never used humidification with any of my machines going back to the mid '90s. It wasn't standard when I got started.