Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New CPAP machines - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New CPAP machines (/Thread-New-CPAP-machines)

Pages: 1 2

New CPAP machines - Big Guy - 07-07-2019

What would be some additional features that you would like to see on the machines coming out in the future? 

Me? I'd like to see an integrated clock, one that was readily readable on the face of the machine. I'd also like some sort of a sensor activated chime if the water level got too low in the reservoir. 

And, last but not least, a better designed air filter cover / door. One that has metal hinge pins and not cheesy little plastic ones. 

Due to my lack of experience with CPAP machines, that's about all that I can think of right at the moment. I am curious though, to see what some of you much more experienced users come up with.

RE: New CPAP machines - mesenteria - 07-07-2019

A larger screen on the RESMED series, or graphics that can be read by someone whose spectacles aren't bedside and whose astigmatism otherwise makes reading the current display all but impossible.

An 'on/off' button on the side of the headgear or mask.  This is a bit of a stretch, I know, but it would be handy instead of groping for the unit on the bedstand beside me at zero dark thirty. The hose in so many cases is already wired, it would be easy to add another couple of 24 gauge ones into the wrap.

Apart from any agreed-to improvements to the filter and SD slot covers already being discussed here and there, I'd like them to be easier to 'pick'.  I have fat fingers, and I hate nails longer than about 3/32", so I have a dickens of a time trying to pick them pesky doors open.  Make a different handle, or make-'em push-push.

How 'bout suction cups as an option for the 'feet'.  I'll bet there's some sympathy for that, although getting them unstuck to pack them for a trip or to dust will be...….interesting.

RE: New CPAP machines - PoolQ - 07-08-2019

how about some soft foam pads so I don't have to put a towel under my CPAP machine to keep if from using the night stand as a sounding board. So many companies forget that you can't use "normal" people to test a product. The people that they employee are not normal people. They need to keep a list of requirements based on the customer base. How many of their customers need glasses?! How are they going to use it: floor, end table, headboard? Replacing an alarm clock is a dang good idea! Think about more than just the solution, think about customer use of your product.

RE: New CPAP machines - Sleeprider - 07-08-2019

1. Modular construction to facilitate repairs and potentially integrate voltage conversion or battery power. This would make units serviceable and upgradable (fan, logic, power and humidity modules) by DMEs and end-users.  This would allow users that must be started on CPAP to be upgraded to bilevel or ASV by swapping just the logic module.
  2. Smaller size to facilitate travelers.
  3. Integrated wi-fi or Bluetooth with full access to data.
  4. Lower-priced battery options.
  5. Lower priced integrated oximeter and data.
  6. Manufacturer participation with OSCAR open source software.

RE: New CPAP machines - ardenum - 07-08-2019

1.full control of the algorithm
2.two knobs for epap and ipap that immediately change pressure upon rotating on the go.
3.different sized humidifier chambers
4.co2 sensors in the mask
5.better light sensor that doesn't get illuminated by the screen of the same machine

RE: New CPAP machines - Hydrangea - 07-08-2019

Number one priority, as I live in an arid climate:
- A larger humidifier tub, or an ability to use a larger humidifier tub.

Sometimes I want to sleep longer than 7 hours. And I'd like to not awake to burnt popcorn smell, when I'm trying to enjoy sleeping.

To build on this idea - but NOT to replace this idea - I'd like a sensor that would automatically shut off the humidifier when it runs out of water. My $20 essential oil diffuser can do this; so there's no excuse for a $1000+ machine to not have this function.

A small footprint. The ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset has a good footprint... but that doesn't help me since I prefer the DreamStation's algorithms.

(07-07-2019, 11:21 PM)mesenteria Wrote: How 'bout suction cups as an option for the 'feet'.  I'll bet there's some sympathy for that, although getting them unstuck to pack them for a trip or to dust will be...….interesting.

Suction cups are a GREAT idea!!!!  

Although, since I started hanging my hose from a lanyard attached to the wall by my bed, my machine no longer makes random plunges to the floor!

RE: New CPAP machines - Bubba45 - 07-09-2019

Yes, +1 for suction cups! I've had my S9 fall off the table a few times.

RE: New CPAP machines - AZSleepDprived - 07-09-2019

The obvious feature that should be standard is a pulse-oximeter, to record O2 levels.   How awesome would that be if it could be incorporated into a mask.  That way, you could accomplish your own sleep study. I think there could currently be an add-on for some resmed machines, but not sure.