Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Please help with treatment review - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Please help with treatment review (/Thread-Please-help-with-treatment-review)

Please help with treatment review - DaveL - 07-17-2019

I use OSCAR, but not very well.

I've increased my pressure to 14 from 13.

What do you see here on my screenshot?

Dave

RE: Please help with treatment review - DaveL - 07-17-2019

I swear my computer hates me. I'm trying hard to follow instructions here, but not doing it well.
I use an iMac.

RE: Please help with treatment review - Sleeprider - 07-17-2019

DaveL, you did just fine posting an OSCAR chart.  What we can see here is therapy on a Resmed S9 Elite with a fixed pressure at 14 cm.  The results are nearly perfect, with low levels of flow limitation, snoring and just a couple periods of leak that don't go above large-leak. Respiratory statistics all appear to be within normal range, but we would need a close-up to see if that I:E time is correct.  

The screenshot is from a screenshot utility on the Mac rather than Sleepyhead, but that doesn't matter.  I need to get on my wife's new Mac and figure out the screenshot stuff.  

[Image: attachment.php?aid=13669]

RE: Please help with treatment review - DaveL - 07-18-2019

Thanks very much; I had just increased my pressure to 14. Up a notch.
13 before. That's the first time in years I've increased my pressure myself. Feels good. Smile

I have a Garmin watch that gives me sleep reports. The night before I only had 1/2 hour of deep sleep...I just checked last night: 58 minutes. I don't know whether to trust it or not.

My iMac works in mysterious ways...I'm not a techie.

RE: Please help with treatment review - DaveL - 07-19-2019

Here's last night's data.

I'm happy!

RE: Please help with treatment review - DeepBreathing - 07-19-2019

You can't ask for much more than that! Excellent outcome.

DaveL Wrote:I swear my computer hates me. I'm trying hard to follow instructions here, but not doing it well.
I use an iMac.

There is an incompatibility in the way Macs present their graphics which sometimes screws up SleepyHead and Oscar screenshots. So if you're having problems in that regard, it's not your fault. The developers are working on a fix.

RE: Please help with treatment review - Sleepster - 07-20-2019

Those times when your leak rate graph spikes up and stays there for awhile are likely times when you're mouth-leaking. Keep your eye on those and consider using a chin strap, soft cervical collar, or full face mask. It might improve your night's sleep because those leaks can make you wake up even if you have no memory of it.

RE: Please help with treatment review - DaveL - 07-20-2019

(07-20-2019, 09:50 AM)Sleepster Wrote: Those times when your leak rate graph spikes up and stays there for awhile are likely times when you're mouth-leaking. Keep your eye on those and consider using a chin strap, soft cervical collar, or full face mask. It might improve your night's sleep because those leaks can make you wake up even if you have no memory of it.

I am using a soft cervical collar.  It was recommended here.
Thanks,
Dave

Says, "Dr Dakota's Sleep Well My Friends " on it.

I bought it from Ebay; I couldn't find one in Canada.

Maybe I'm not using it well....