Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? (/Thread-Which-software-will-work-for-Respironics-BiPap-AutoSV)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - LaraT - 07-20-2019

Hello everyone,
I am new to the board, joined today.
I need help with self-titration for the Respironics BiPAP AutoSv. I downloaded OSCAR, but it doesn't work for me. First, my settings are not correct in OSCAR (looks like a well-known problem). Second, all data except session times and usage is available only for the last 10 days. (I started with the machine on May 7, but all data before Jul 9 - just zeroes.)
These issues might be addressed in the next release of OSCAR, but before that - does anybody know which software WILL work for this machine? (And how to get it?) 
Thank you in advance,
Lara.

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - DeepBreathing - 07-20-2019

G'day Lara. Welcome to Apnea Board.

You're right - Oscar doesn't fully support your particular machine at this time. The development team are addressing this and will hopefully have a fix in the not-too-distant future. By way of explanation, the manufacturers do not share their data formats with us (in fact they go to great lengths to keep them hidden). So whenever a new machine model comes out, the developers first of all have to nut out the new format(s) then work out how to incorporate them into Oscar. It's a big and rather complicated job.

At present your best plan would be to use Philips' own Encore program. It comes as "Basic" and "Pro". From what I've read you will need the EncorePro version. You can find a copy in our downloads page: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Private-Files-and-Links

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - LaraT - 07-20-2019

Thank you so much!

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - LaraT - 07-21-2019

Hi DeepBreathing,
I tried to install EncorePro as per your instructions and it did not work. The size of the file is 287.846 instead of 295 (I downloaded 3 times). The installer works differently then in your email and user-guide: it does not ask UserName/password, and it does not allow a typical installation "on single computer", only advanced with the server and multiple clients. I tried different options within advanced: full installation, client-only, but in all option it asks me to specify database. Could you please help?
LataT

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - DeepBreathing - 07-21-2019

Sorry Lara - I know where the download is but I know nothing about the program.   Dont-know

Hopefully one of the Philips users will be along shortly to enlighten you. (And I'll learn something as well).

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - jaswilliams - 07-21-2019

(07-21-2019, 08:54 AM)LaraT Wrote: Hi DeepBreathing,
I tried to install EncorePro as per your instructions and it did not work.  The size of the file is 287.846 instead of 295 (I downloaded 3 times). The installer works differently then in your email and user-guide: it does not ask UserName/password, and it does not allow a typical installation "on single computer", only advanced with the server and multiple clients.  I tried different options within advanced: full installation, client-only, but in all option it asks me to specify database.  Could you please help?
 LataT

Encore pro is a nightmare application before starting you need to download and install Microsoft sql server express edition (free from Microsoft) then it will find the database server and you need to make a number of changes to match the requirements of the install guide.

It’s not for the inexperienced pc user.

Although the data in the left pane of Oscar is not good the graphs are ok and will help us optimise your treatment. Please post a daily graph

There is a test version of Oscar that may help your data but it’s not for general release yet as it may be very buggy.

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - LaraT - 07-21-2019

Here are my daily graphs. 
Machine settings are:
Max Pressure 20
EPAP min 6
EPAP max 12 
PS min 4
PS max 8

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - jaswilliams - 07-22-2019

Thanks for posting the hypopnoeas indicate raising your epap minimum I am not experienced at reading the Philips Auto ASV give me a Resmed any day Big Grin

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - LaraT - 07-22-2019

Thank you very much.
If the graphs look OK, should I post them on the general forum, not software support forum? 
Respironics titration protocol recommends increase SP min. I would like to hear from other Respironics users.

RE: Which software will work for Respironics BiPap AutoSV? - DeepBreathing - 07-22-2019

Hi Lara. Yes, post your charts in a new thread in the main forum. That way you will get a lot more exposure and some solid advice.