Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator (/Thread-OpalRose-selected-as-additional-Apnea-Board-Administrator)

Pages: 1 2

OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - SuperSleeper - 07-31-2019

Howdy folks,

Now that we've got our additional Moderators trained & on board...

The time has come to add someone to our Forum Administrators group.

I'm proud and pleased to announce that OpalRose has been asked to serve as an Apnea Board Administrator.  She has graciously accepted this new role.

Rose has been an Apnea Board member since 2014 and currently has over 6,500 posts on the forum.  She has demonstrated a consistent spirit of helpfulness and has been a very active staff member for 4 years.  She has shown a willingness to maintain a regular active presence here and has been very good at enforcing the rules & policies on a timely basis with grace & tact.

Rose's new Admin abilities will be for the forum only at this time.  The server back-end admin roles will continue to be taken care of by myself, since those are much more technical roles. 

I personally now see OpalRose as "second-in-command" here.  That means the staff will still operate as we always have--  making decisions based upon consensus and considering all staff opinions, as a group.  Our decisions and policies always seem better when we all have a part in discussing and forming them.  Rose (and myself) will try to only step in our "Admin" roles when it's needful or warranted (when there are differing opinions on how to handle particular forum issues that cannot be resolved easily by consensus).  So I personally see the Forum Administrator role as a "gentle" leadership role, not as some sort of dictatorial role.  I think Rose will fit the bill in that role perfectly.

I'm just pleased as punch that she has accepted this position.  Thanks Rose!

[Image: thanks.gif]

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - Big Guy - 07-31-2019

Congrats to OpalRose!  Well-done

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - SarcasticDave94 - 07-31-2019

Congrats.

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - trish6hundred - 07-31-2019

CONGRATULATIONS OpalRose.!

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - Hydrangea - 07-31-2019

Hooray!!! Thank you for stepping up!

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - Gideon - 07-31-2019

Congrats, you deserve it.

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - C0mbe - 07-31-2019

Congrats!

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - MitchS - 07-31-2019

Congratulations Rose!

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - stanleydean - 07-31-2019

Thanks so much Rose for your willingness to serve and for your example. Best wishes in your new role. 
Stan

RE: OpalRose selected as additional Apnea Board Administrator - DeepBreathing - 07-31-2019

A great choice! Congratulations on you new role, Rose.