Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? (/Thread-Is-it-possible-to-open-the-white-part-of-the-water-chamber)

Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - torrent7712 - 08-04-2019

Hi everybody!

The Resmed S10 water chamber has a white part that is located on top of the chamber. it's a small milky white part. 

Is it possible to open it and fill the container from there?

Regards!

RE: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - Melman - 08-04-2019

I don't believe so. I think it is just there as an aid to gripping the chamber when inserting it and removing it from the chamber. If you were to pour water there much of it would run out through the port to the machine. Do you have some objection to just opening the lid and adding water as shown in the manual?

RE: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - Hydrangea - 08-04-2019

At first, I was sure it must open. It would be ideal to pour water through there, especially because of how difficult it is to pull that chamber out.

I've pulled at it a ton, and have become convinced it doesn't come off.

RE: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - SarcasticDave94 - 08-05-2019

No I don’t think so. The folks at ResMed want you to get a little grip exercise so pull the tub out of the machine and go from there.

RE: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - Big Guy - 08-05-2019

That white panel is just a thump grip panel.

RE: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - Coffee Man - 08-05-2019

I think Resmed designed it this way so you have to remove it to fill. I would imagine people would be less likely to remove and clean the humidifier tub if it could be filled in place.

RE: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - Big Guy - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 12:44 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: I think Resmed designed it this way so you have to remove it to fill. I would imagine people would be less likely to remove and clean the humidifier tub if it could be filled in place.

I'm thinking the same thing. Of all my CPAP equipment, I give the water reservoir the most attention. Daily, as a matter-of-fact.

RE: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - Melman - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 12:48 PM)Big Guy Wrote: I'm thinking the same thing. Of all my CPAP equipment, I give the water reservoir the most attention. Daily, as a matter-of-fact.

I do too. I top it off. Smile

RE: Is it possible to open the white part of the water chamber? - Stom - 08-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 12:44 PM)Coffee Man Wrote: I think Resmed designed it this way so you have to remove it to fill. I would imagine people would be less likely to remove and clean the humidifier tub if it could be filled in place.

Resmed has definitely done some deliberate consumer inconveniences that are cleverly designed to be helpful. The travel bag compartments are one example. You have to pull the tank out to put the A10 in the bag. That way are less likely to load it into the bag with water still in the tank, killing the device. Same goes for having to pull the tank out to fill it. Over filling it could damage the machine. Having to take it out reduces the chance of an over fill spilling into the machine.