Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine (/Thread-Slightly-paranoid-about-the-Modem-in-my-Philips-machine)

Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - jimcaffey - 08-14-2019

just curious, actually, there is a modem on my Philips Dreamstation APAP machine... does the machine call the mothership on a set schedule or is that an "On Demand Only" basis....?

Jim

RE: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - WSHenry - 08-14-2019

Hi,

According to the machine user guide, the modem sends compliance data to the Mothership after the end of a session of use. It can be manually sent as well.

RE: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - Homerec130 - 08-15-2019

Give it a while and it will finally die. Too-funny My wife has been through 4 modems in 2 years and no one has ever been able to read any of her machines. She just got machine #3 this week and they have only been able to see it once. She does show max bars on the cellular signal strength.

RE: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - jimcaffey - 08-15-2019

Thank you both! I was just curious. I guess the greater take away here is that I should read the User's manual a little more carefully..... (love the Avatar Homer).

RE: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - Sheepish - 08-16-2019

Unless you count on your DME to do your CPAP reporting for you, you can just remove the modem and use OSCAR and/or DreamMapper (though that only works with an internet connection so it's also phoning home to Philips) and/or the readouts on your DreamStation itself if you've enabled that in the clinician settings.

That's what I've done; just pulled it and left it in a drawer.

RE: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - OpalRose - 08-16-2019

Some Doctors and DME’s will connect to the modem and check for compliance.

Unless you have to prove that you are compliant with usage in order for insurance to cover your machine, I would just remove it.

RE: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - Hydrangea - 08-17-2019

I've pulled mine and tossed it. If anyone wants my info, they can get it from me with my permission.

RE: Slightly paranoid about the Modem in my Philips machine - Homerec130 - 08-18-2019

We're keeping the modem in wife's machine until we get her settings straightened out. Her doctor still can't access the machine but our DME can. We have had the doctor send a new script to the DME to reset the machine and 3 weeks later she sends stuff that doesn't make sense. We are in the process of swapping doctors as we have lost all faith in her current one. 2-3 weeks to get a response back from either her or her office, all calls go directly to voicemail even when trying to schedule an appointment. New doctor has done a fellowship and internship at the Mayo Clinic in sleep studies. Hopefully we can get my wife on track.