Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
OSCAR color settings? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: OSCAR color settings? (/Thread-OSCAR-color-settings)

OSCAR color settings? - Cattaur - 08-20-2019

2 or 3 weeks ago, the color settings on my OSCAR program seem to have changed...
[attachment=14700]
The yellow rectangle has white text in it, that gives the last usage data of my machine on import. to read it, I have to highlite it, like I am gonna copy it.
This text used to be black.

The File Data View Help menus at the top are not visible unless the cursor is over them.

I don't see anything in the Appearrance screen that covers the font color...
[attachment=14701]

I am currently running Manjaro Gnome Linux
Oscar v1.02-beta-1[6b7fe4c8 LegacyGFX]

Vik-Thor Rose

RE: OSCAR color settings? - jaswilliams - 08-21-2019

It looks like you are using dark mode on your Computer this is adversely affecting OSCAR google turning off Dark Mode for an app that will fix up your issues. Oscar does not currently support Dark Mode

RE: OSCAR color settings? - pholynyk - 08-21-2019

Did you change your theme settings or update your system lately? As jaswilliams said, what you are seeing appears to match what happens on a Mac running MacOS Mojave in Dark Mode.
I'm not familiar with Manjaro Linux, and I haven't played around with Gnome themes at all, so I'm not sure of what is possible there.

RE: OSCAR color settings? - Cattaur - 08-21-2019

I don't think I changed the theming before it happened. Like I said, it's been like this for a few weeks... it's just a minor annoyance. I tend to upload my SD card every few days, rather than every morning.
I do have Nightlight running, but that is an app that changes the color temperature of the display, not really a dark mode. I will have to dig into it.

(Manjaro is Arch based. It's a rolling release, but the updates aren't pushed for about a week or so.)
I am thinking about doing some distro shopping in September... Any idea what the more popular Linux distributions among OSCAR users is?

Vik-Thor

RE: OSCAR color settings? - SuperSleeper - 08-21-2019

Ubuntu is probably the most popular, although there's a release for Debian 9 currently as well.  Current Ubuntu LTS is 18.04 and I think the OSCAR team wants to stick with supporting LTS releases, if I'm not mistaken.  That's if you want to use one of the .deb files.  Of course, you can always compile OSCAR yourself for testing on your Linux distro of choice.

Pretty sure the current version of Mint is also based upon Ubuntu 18.04, so that might be an option also.

RE: OSCAR color settings? - mtwomey - 09-15-2019

Yeah, I also have this problem. I like dark mode in general, so I don't want to turn it off universally. Hopefully OSCAR will support it in an upcoming release.

RE: OSCAR color settings? - pholynyk - 09-15-2019

It isn't really something OSCAR can do on its own, but rather something that the QT developers are probably working on (I hope).