Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help (/Thread-ResMed-10-Elite-Fixed-Help)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - OpalRose - 08-23-2019

Some folk here find better luck using a “soft” cervical collar to help the mouth/jaw stay closed, and prevent chin tucking. Collars can be found in many sizes.

Measure the circumference of your neck, add a couple inches. It should be worn loose enough to insert a couple fingers. Also consider the height of your neck. Don’t buy one too tall.
Check Amazon. Search neck collars, you will see many choices.

If all else fails, try taping your mouth. I don’t personally recommend it, but seems to work for some.

RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - Davidacarrick - 08-24-2019

[attachment=14844]Hey so I tried mouth taping last night and here are my results....

RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - SarcasticDave94 - 08-24-2019

Hi Davidacarrick,

Welcome to the Apnea Board. Sure you can't do better than that? I saw an AHI of 0.16...

How does the treatment feel now?

Coffee

PS sounds like there's some real "helpful" doctors in Scotland.

RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - Davidacarrick - 08-24-2019

Yeah certainly seem to be better. AHI was never really an issue was just the other side effects I was getting like dry mouth and nasal congestion etc. Falling asleep tonight was uncomfortable with the heat.....yep heat even in scotland haha

RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - OpalRose - 08-25-2019

Good results. Smile
Curious, are the breaks in therapy due to naps, or do you work odd hours and sleep is broken or just plain waking up?

RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - Davidacarrick - 08-25-2019

No I nap but I think it’s more a habit nap because I use to do it before treatment if that makes sense so just need to get out the habit plus I suffer with mental health problems and my bed is my safe place

(08-25-2019, 05:37 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: No I nap but I think it’s more a habit nap because I use to do it before treatment if that makes sense so just need to get out the habit plus I suffer with mental health problems and my bed is my safe place

I have no problem with naps! If I wake earlier that I want to, I just get up, but at some point during the day, I seem to need a nap.

Do whatever you need to feel rested, as everyone’s needs differ.

RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - Davidacarrick - 08-25-2019

Perfect can you tell my wife that lol she thinks I’m just lazy haha

(08-25-2019, 06:04 AM)Davidacarrick Wrote: Perfect can you tell my wife that lol she thinks I’m just lazy haha

I’m staying out of that one. Too-funny

RE: ResMed 10 Elite - Fixed - Help - sheepless - 08-25-2019

opal rose is smarter than me. i dont mind explaining it to your wife or anyone else. i dont remember ever waking up refreshed & energetic, even as a child. all my life i have been accused of laziness. i came to believe it until some years ago i realized i can be as productive as the next guy with the aid of stimulants. despite the judgment of others, it's not laziness, it's sleep deprivation. we all have crosses to bear and while it serves no purpose at this point i cant help but wonder how different life might have been with normal sleep. normal sleepers complain about waking up once during the night but some seem unable to empathize with how it feels to wake scores of times.