Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Resmed Airsense Humidifier - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Resmed Airsense Humidifier (/Thread-Resmed-Airsense-Humidifier)

Resmed Airsense Humidifier - RNeil - 08-23-2019

I just got a new to me Resmed Airsense Humidifier. I filled it with water last evening. I was surprised that this morning the level was still on max. The plate on the bottom of the chamber was cold. The sleep report had a smiley face for the humidifier. Humidity was set to 3.

I change the humidity to 8 and ran it for 15 minutes. The plate was still cold.

What does the humidifier smiley face mean?

I will see what happens going all night with the setting on 8.

RE: Resmed Airsense Humidifier - ardenum - 08-23-2019

how are you using resmed humidifier with Fisher & Pakel Icon+ ?

RE: Resmed Airsense Humidifier - SarcasticDave94 - 08-23-2019

crowtor does bring up a valid item, which machine is correct? If in fact it is ResMed please edit your user panel info for future clarity. Now onward, if in fact we're dealing with ResMed, by new to you humidifier, this means which; a humidifier tub or an actual humidifier? Current ResMed standard sized units (non travel styles) namely the 10 series, do not have a separable humidifier. They do have a removable water tub at the right end of the unit. If we're dealing with a ResMed 10 series, humidifier settings include Auto and Manual plus the humidity setting of 0 - 8 and if a heated hose is attached there's also a tube temperature.

PS I forgot the smiley face...it's supposed to smile if the humidifier circuit self-tests OK I think. Could be the machines are laughing at us with our alien attached to our face and the trailing air hose...

RE: Resmed Airsense Humidifier - RNeil - 08-23-2019

My profile says F&P. I used the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset for one night. It has a built in humidifier. It did not seam to consume any water. I pulled out the water reservoir and felt the plate at the bottom and it was cold. On my F&P machine, it would be warm. I changed the humidity setting from 3 to 8 (the highest), put the mask back on and ran it for 15 minutes. I turned it off, pulled the reservoir and felt the plate. It was cold.

RE: Resmed Airsense Humidifier - SarcasticDave94 - 08-23-2019

OK copy. I’d venture that unless the humidifier were set to Auto, there should be some perception of warmth if it were working correctly.

RE: Resmed Airsense Humidifier - RayBee - 08-23-2019

I would just look at water consumption to prove the humidifier is working correctly. I could be dead wrong here but... My ResMed ASV set to 4 or 5 humidity level is pretty cool to the touch. Now I use level 7. Still pretty cool to the touch but it consumes a lot more water. I'll check for heat next time I'm sleep walking.   Dont-know

RE: Resmed Airsense Humidifier - Stom - 08-24-2019

I had to attach a watt meter to my ResMed to convincing myself that the humidifier was working. I mostly only notice the hot plate being warm if the tank has run out of water. The machine seems to be a bit dumb in that sense. It doesn't seem to have any idea whether there is water to heat or not.

RE: Resmed Airsense Humidifier - RNeil - 08-24-2019

So I spent the night with the humidity set at 8. It worked.

RE: Resmed Airsense Humidifier - SarcasticDave94 - 08-24-2019

Glad it's working. Hope 8 isn't too much for ya, even if I run 8 most of the time.

Coffee